: Any FIAT 500 X drivers out there?

Rps
Dec 26th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Hello all, Iím looking for a new vehicle. Iím keen on 4whl or AWD vehicles such as the Mazda CX3 or 5, or in that size and price range. I have been interested in the Fiat 500 X which is the sister of the Jeep Renegade. Just wondering if there are any 500x owners out there..... I live in a Chrysler town so a Jeep or Fiat is a common occurrence here. Thoughts....

eMacMan
Dec 26th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Fiat and reliability are sometimes sited as an example of an oxymoron.

Rps
Dec 26th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Fiat and reliability are sometimes sited as an example of an oxymoron.

Yes the ďfix it again ToniĒ is a common thought, but Iíve read a number of articles on the 500x and it seems that quality wise it is okay...
Noisy though....but it is the same with the Wrangler owners ....the Wrangler seems to have a dreadful rating but they are everywhere here and when I talk to owners they love them and would be repeat buyers.....so who do you trust the owners or the critics...

smashedbanana
Dec 26th, 2017, 05:50 PM
I have a friend who's a mechanic. He told me Fiats are a nightmare. Apparently parts are very difficult to get and they are very proprietary. They also group parts to an assembly and you need to order the whole assembly.

Not sure if this matters if you are buying new and will be under warranty.

macintosh doctor
Dec 27th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Hello all, Iím looking for a new vehicle. Iím keen on 4whl or AWD vehicles such as the Mazda CX3 or 5, or in that size and price range. I have been interested in the Fiat 500 X which is the sister of the Jeep Renegade. Just wondering if there are any 500x owners out there..... I live in a Chrysler town so a Jeep or Fiat is a common occurrence here. Thoughts....

My father bought a jeep Patriot in 09 - its now the end of 2017 - amazing jeep - its like a timex -it takes a licking and keeps on ticking.. i would stick with a Patriot for the main reason: price

Price out a Renegade or a 500x the Patriot has better value and slightly more roomier
just my 2 cents.

besides i prefer a Jeep over a fiat. I have a cheeroke and my dads patriot - so much fun to drive..

so far only expense were brakes, oil the usual stuff other than my dad's accidents lol

smashedbanana
Dec 27th, 2017, 12:31 PM
My father bought a jeep Patriot in 09 - its now the end of 2017 - amazing jeep - its like a timex -it takes a licking and keeps on ticking.. i would stick with a Patriot for the main reason: price

Price out a Renegade or a 500x the Patriot has better value and slightly more roomier
just my 2 cents.

besides i prefer a Jeep over a fiat. I have a cheeroke and my dads patriot - so much fun to drive..

so far only expense were brakes, oil the usual stuff other than my dad's accidents lol

The patriot is the Dodge Caliber. Your dad has been lucky. That things is a giant lemon!! If you love him start looking for another car. Seriously the frame rusts right through....

monokitty
Dec 27th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Jeeps are junk. Don't waste your money. Look at the reliability of them. Not to mention being complete garbage on fuel efficiency. The Caliber sucks, too. A friend of mine (her parents) had one and it required thousands in repairs while under warranty and kept breaking once the warranty was up. Not to mention that if you want to enjoy the driving experience and aren't just using it as an A > B transport, you'll want something that feels good to drive (the Caliber isn't it...).

At least the CX-3 is based on the Mazda3 chassis, is fun to drive, has AWD and is good on gas (for a crossover, anyway).

eMacMan
Dec 27th, 2017, 01:20 PM

just my 2 cents.

2009 would have been before the Fiat merger had any effect on Chryco products. It has no relevance to Jeep or Fiat today.

SINC
Dec 27th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Yep, steer clear of any Jeep. My son has a 2008 RT and its a money pit.

macintosh doctor
Dec 27th, 2017, 04:50 PM
The patriot is the Dodge Caliber. Your dad has been lucky. That things is a giant lemon!! If you love him start looking for another car. Seriously the frame rusts right through....

i am letting nature take its course. he is 80 yr lol - either the car or he will give up at this point is a wait see approach for both. lol
Both seem to be churning along very nicely.

macintosh doctor
Dec 27th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Jeeps are junk. Don't waste your money. Look at the reliability of them. Not to mention being complete garbage on fuel efficiency. The Caliber sucks, too. A friend of mine (her parents) had one and it required thousands in repairs while under warranty and kept breaking once the warranty was up. Not to mention that if you want to enjoy the driving experience and aren't just using it as an A > B transport, you'll want something that feels good to drive (the Caliber isn't it...).

At least the CX-3 is based on the Mazda3 chassis, is fun to drive, has AWD and is good on gas (for a crossover, anyway).

i have had my Jeep Cherokee for a year now 2 months. love it and the fuel economy is amazing - so not sure why the anger.

plus the patriot we have is approaching 200k - so when it comes to experiences - we are amazed - i have had 2 mini vans as well T&C - they were leases but they were amazing.

My friends have T&C mini vans as well they reached 10 yrs and 200k before they died..
based on the experiences between GM and Chrysler - i have to say GM is the loser.

eMacMan
Dec 27th, 2017, 08:44 PM
i am letting nature take its course. he is 80 yr lol - either the car or he will give up at this point is a wait see approach for both. lol
Both seem to be churning along very nicely.

At 80 it is very common for seniors to put fewer than 5000Kms per tear on a car. Mom kept a used '95? Chevy Cavalier going for 12 years. Took the inevitable head gasket, but with those few miles it was reliable enough to get her around town.

macintosh doctor
Dec 27th, 2017, 11:04 PM
At 80 it is very common for seniors to put fewer than 5000Kms per tear on a car. Mom kept a used '95? Chevy Cavalier going for 12 years. Took the inevitable head gasket, but with those few miles it was reliable enough to get her around town.

my dad still does 10-20k a year.. road trips to the US and deliveries for my brother and I

SINC
Dec 28th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Here is another viewpoint on all Jeep products that sure doesn't make me want one.

Are Jeeps Actually Reliable? Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and Wranglers (http://dustrunnersauto.com/are-jeeps-reliable/)

macintosh doctor
Dec 28th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Here is another viewpoint on all Jeep products that sure doesn't make me want one.

Are Jeeps Actually Reliable? Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and Wranglers (http://dustrunnersauto.com/are-jeeps-reliable/)

in the end all auto manufactures are hit and miss.. no matter if they are $100k or $20k
buy what you can afford - take care of it and buy the extended warranty..

but number rule one never ever finance an auto longer than 5 yrs .. period, any longer youre asking for punishment - negative equity will sucker punch in the face, especially if you are looking to off load the product.

Each Brand has its issues. I have driven cars from $20k all the way up to $150k - in the end they all had their issues, but some brands will take care of their products some will deny issues exist.

GM is the brand that will deny any issues exist by my experiences regardless of product - i have owned Chevy, Olds, Cadillac - you will receive the worst treatment regardless of badge.

Benz on the other hand - yes the cars have issues but they will take care of you regardless no questions asked same with Volvo that was my experience..

as for Chrysler and VW - i have built relationships with the dealers with repetitive purchases so i am well taken care of.. [ that is what i find with those two brands ]

Japanese - i have owned Acura - i found them to be like GM for quality and service..

Ford - has declined in reliability recently with its ecoboost - stay away.
but when i had a Ford they took care of my issues - mostly recalls.

just my 2 cents