: how to transfer PDF to ipad2

mcoltezo
Nov 7th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Hi,

We just inherited an IPad2 and I'd like to put a PDF on it. Instructions I've found say to do it through ITunes of which I have 12.2.2.. I also saw that people were having trouble have their music being deleted and other things. This iPad has never talked to my computer before now. I only want the PDF at this time. I am worried that if I sync books it will either delete other books I have on my computer or delete the existing ones on the iPad. There are a couple on there I'd like to check out.

Can I load a PDF a different way?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

polywog
Nov 7th, 2017, 02:55 PM
You could use iCloud Drive: Just drop it in a folder, and open it on the iPad. (Dropbox or other should work as well)

Or you could use iBooks: Add the PDF to iBooks on your desktop, you should then be able to scoop it up on the iPad in iBooks.

mcoltezo
Nov 7th, 2017, 03:58 PM
You could use iCloud Drive: Just drop it in a folder, and open it on the iPad. (Dropbox or other should work as well)

I'll have to figure out how to connect to my Drop box and delete the previous owners but I have to do that with a few things on this thing

Or you could use iBooks: Add the PDF to iBooks on your desktop, you should then be able to scoop it up on the iPad in iBooks.

You're saying ibooks on my laptop? Can I get it on my laptop? I just normally read pdfs through Preview.

thanks

ChilBear
Nov 7th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Email it to yourself and connect to the email account using a browser is how I move things or learn how to use iTunes to sync. I have found that I can move a PDF to my iPhone or iPad using email, open it then save (open) it in iBooks and it stays in your library.

CubaMark
Nov 7th, 2017, 06:10 PM
+1 for Dropbox, or iCloud Drive. The latter would be the quickest and easiest, if you haven't set up DropBox on it yet with your account.

eMacMan
Nov 8th, 2017, 12:10 AM
You can simply access your DropBox via the DropBox internet page, just click on the sign-in box. No need to set it up on all your devices.

I ditched the DropBox application after about two weeks as I did not like how easy it was to lose an image on my computer if I removed it from the DropBox account.

polywog
Nov 8th, 2017, 08:40 AM
You're saying ibooks on my laptop? Can I get it on my laptop? I just normally read pdfs through Preview.

thanks

Can't recall if it's installed by default, or a download in the App Store but yes there's a desktop version. You just need to log in to your iTunes Store account on both the iPad and the Laptop to be able to sync them. Details are a little fuzzy, it's been a while since I set up, but if you need more details I can check things out once I get home. As I recall it was as simple as dragging the PDF to the iBooks app on the desktop.

mcoltezo
Nov 8th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Thanks for all the replies and help. I've gone ahead a reset the iPad to clear the other person's 'stuff'. I'm thinking Dropbox is what I might do. though email sounds good. If I set up my email (Yahoo), will all my emails download onto the device? I'm not sure I'd want that.

chrismccoy
Nov 12th, 2017, 02:50 PM
icloud is prob best option, and most pdf apps will let you open a pdf from icloud like pdf expert, etc

mcoltezo
Nov 17th, 2017, 08:22 AM
I figured out how to do it through iTunes so I have them on the iPad now.

One thing I'm hoping is possible is to be able to sort them into folders or categories within iBook but I haven't had time to look at that. I have lots of PDFs and sorting would be good.

jeso87
Nov 19th, 2017, 05:30 AM
I figured out how to do it through iTunes so I have them on the iPad now.

One thing I'm hoping is possible is to be able to sort them into folders or categories within iBook but I haven't had time to look at that. I have lots of PDFs and sorting would be good.

Honestly, if you are looking for a great PDF manager for the iPad I highly suggest PDF Expert. I have been using it for years and it offers tons of advanced features.

PDF Expert by Readdle by Readdle Inc.https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pdf-expert-by-readdle/id743974925?mt=8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abby
Dec 8th, 2017, 04:47 AM
You can use Airdrop: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203106
Or, you can use an app like Waltr (http://softorino.pxf.io/c/402409/324226/4981) to transfer any files into your iPad from computer.