: Display Graphic Glitch

csonni
Oct 24th, 2017, 04:30 PM
I've noticed lately that, when my MBP (mid-2015) is idle with a dark screen, I tap the space bar to bring it alive and, momentarily the screen has a vivid "whirlpool" of colours and then my login screen comes up. No big deal, unless this is some sort of clue of upcoming graphic card troubles. That's all I notice. No glitches once I login. Should I be concerned?

pm-r
Oct 24th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Should I be concerned?

Do you not get some type of dizzy spell yourself if you wake and rise up too quickly???

wonderings
Oct 25th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Do you have any AppleCare warranty? If I did I would certainly bring it in as it is not right. If I did not, well I would live with it and hope it is not the sign of something else.

csonni
Oct 25th, 2017, 01:41 PM
I do have Apple Care, but no Apple Service Provider withi. 2-3 day drive. I may call on it. I believe I am accountable for shipping costs to service- roughly $60. Ouch.

pm-r
Oct 25th, 2017, 02:09 PM
I do have Apple Care, but no Apple Service Provider withi. 2-3 day drive. I may call on it. I believe I am accountable for shipping costs to service- roughly $60. Ouch.

Why bother…???, especially for some occasional waking up problem as you said:
No big deal, unless this is some sort of clue of upcoming graphic card troubles. That's all I notice. No glitches once I login.