: Two Apple IDs suddenly a problem?

Amina
Sep 6th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Don't ask me why (probably due to disorganization back when I was young and irresponsible), but I have two Apple IDs that govern different things.

One is responsible for iCloud and things such as syncing calendars and messages.

The second ID is responsible for Apple purchases of things like iBooks and apps.

This hasn't been a problem in the past, but all of a sudden, my iPhone and iPad are asking me if I want to continue syncing iBooks, and if so, that I must use my iCloud ID for this. The problem is, none of my books are associated with my iCloud ID.

And the idea of consolidating my information into one ID sounds both labourious and maybe impossible. I bet purchases of copyrighted material aren't transferrable.

Any ideas of how to approach this?

polywog
Sep 7th, 2017, 06:14 AM
I'm in the same boat: I signed up for iTunes when it launched in Canada. A few years later I got a .Mac account which I've used since. They offer no option to merge which is a pain.

Where are you trying to log in to both? I'm currently logged in to both on my Macs and iDevices. I've got book syncing going on as well, and they are signed in to my "iTunes" iCloud account. Maybe that's what iCloud account it's referring to? It may just need to be re-authenticated.