Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

RIP Skip Prokop, founder of Lighthouse

744 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  FeXL 
#1 ·
Lighthouse co-founder and drummer Skip Prokop dead at 74

Damn.

Always been a big fan of Lighthouse. Loved the brass. Resigned myself to the fact that I'd never have the chance to see them perform live after they broke up.

Along come the early 90's & I read that Lighthouse is going to be performing on the outdoor stage at the Calgary Stampede midweek. I excitedly made plans to attend & pack my lovely bride to be along with me after work. We show up, park our butts on the grass as close to the stage as we can get & thoroughly enjoy the concert. Quite a treat.

After the show my GF encourages me to go backstage & talk to the band. I did & had a chance to chat with them for a few minutes. Afterwards we headed over to one of the beer tents for a cold brew. Few minutes later Skip & the boys pass by looking for a place to sit in a crowded tent.

We invited them to sit with us & they bellied up. We sat & talked for more than an hour. What a rush!

Skip, today I'll crank up One Fine morning, among others, crack & cold brew & hoist one in your honour. RIP, my friend.

See less See more
#4 ·
Funny, I really know nothing of The Paupers music.

Just reread the liner notes in their Sunny Days Again CD I was just listening to. Quite the career.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.