: business vs residential internet services

macintosh doctor
Aug 30th, 2017, 10:45 AM
I find it very offensive and entertaining how the incumbents treat business clients.

i have a client - who is moving to a location with very limited internet options.

I did an address look up for viability -
rogers is looking for $10k to do the installation lol
bell is offering 50/10 dsl for $60/month for residential and 25/10 for $80/month for business..

so i ended up going with a 3rd party as residential set up. even cheaper but still 50/10

I will never understand the discrepancy and why there has to be one for personal vs business.

wonderings
Aug 30th, 2017, 11:15 AM
You are supposed to get better customer service with business internet and having a rep to deal with can be a good thing. We have had Rogers internet and phone for a few years now. Last year I got an email from our rep saying we could spend less and get more, i.e. better phone plan for land line and faster internet both down and up for a significant amount less. It looked way to go to be true so I was sceptical but it all checked out and was not spam and we saved a nice monthly amount.

Now for my home use, I use Rogers as well for internet as well as my cell plan. Not once as Rogers ever contacted me to save me money. Not sure if I just have a great rep and this is not normal for all Rogers business clients, but have been very happy so far.

Bell was an absolute nightmare, they nickel and dimed for everything, wanted to charge more for upgrading email storage in an age where everything else was basically limitless. Dropped them completely and moved to Rogers for savings and better service.

polywog
Aug 31st, 2017, 10:32 AM
SLA probably has a lot to do with it. Residential = we know it's down and it'll be back up when it is back up. Business = there's an actual commitment to restoring service.