: Trying to connect my camera to my desktop

VieleKatzen
Aug 29th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Sorry, I can't manage to delete this ... if somebody else would, that'd be great. It seems I can only edit it. I basically said "F*ck the camera" and used my iPad instead. :)

I have a seven-year-old Mac Mini and a PowerShot A540. I am trying to hook the PowerShot up to the Mini to download some photos of the swimming pool in the back yard (note: we don't HAVE a swimming pool back there ... normally).

I have the cord plugged into the Mini and attached to the PowerShot, which is on, but absolutely nothing is happening. All I'm getting when I open the Photo program is a file of photos that I previously downloaded.

I should add that my Mini has a whole 2GB of memory and I made the error of installing the latest OS on it. It still operates after a fashion, but I know -- now -- that the memory and the OS was not a good mix. I'm not intending to do anything with the Mini; I plan to just save up my pennies and replace it with a newer model.

Any suggestions regarding the camera and the desktop would be greatly appreciated.

CubaMark
Aug 29th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Did you put the Powershot into "Play" mode?

pm-r
Aug 29th, 2017, 05:28 PM
I am trying to hook the PowerShot up to the Mini to download some photos of the swimming pool in the back yard (note: we don't HAVE a swimming pool back there ... normally).

Open your "Image Capture.app" and select the Camera in the left column, it needs to be turned On, and then you can select the photos you want and clime the Import to wherever you selected.

Yes, your back yard does seem to be a bit pool-like from the photo you did post. It would look nice with some bright colored koi and they might like any worms that float by. :D

- Patrick
======

VieleKatzen
Aug 29th, 2017, 07:45 PM
I will try both of those. Thank you, guys.

Unfortunately the water level in the back yard already seems to be dropping ... thus saving me from having to dig a trench to the road :D -- so I think the koi are a non-starter.

This time.