: Problem printing an Adobe reader page

Macfriend
Jun 9th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Hi
I have a brand new HP Officejet Pro printer connected by UBS to my mac 10.10.5 with 4gig of ram. The printer prints Word documents and does copies very well.

Unfortunately, it will not print an Adobe Reader document. Adobe reader is the latest version. The print waiting list has a note: "filter failure" (in French: échec de filter).

Anybody can help me solve this?

Thanks

eMacMan
Jun 9th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Adobe Reader, has long since been banned from my computers. Sadly it is required for some interactive government forms. Faced with that I open when booted in a sandbox. Sandbox OS and Reader with it are purged once the file is submitted and/or printed. I can live without Reader trying to update itself every other day!

That said, try opening the document in Preview.

polywog
Jun 10th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Hi
I have a brand new HP Officejet Pro printer connected by UBS to my mac 10.10.5 with 4gig of ram. The printer prints Word documents and does copies very well.

Unfortunately, it will not print an Adobe Reader document. Adobe reader is the latest version. The print waiting list has a note: "filter failure" (in French: échec de filter).

Anybody can help me solve this?

Thanks

Likely a printer driver issue, you may want to see if HP has a updated drivers for 10.10.5.

Have you tried printing from Preview? Also when your printer is selected and you open the print dialog, in the bottom left hand corner should be PDF. Does it allow you to save as PDF?

Macfriend
Jun 22nd, 2017, 07:10 PM
Finally, I found out that the pdf file I tried to print had been transferred into a pdf file using "prawn". Other pdf files, I had no problem printing them.