: Photos not deleting images from SD card

Kleles
Nov 14th, 2016, 10:38 PM
I’m running OS Sierra on a mid-2014 MBP. I think, (since I didn’t meticulously check) that since ‘upgrading' to Sierra, Photos has not been deleting images from my SD card after importing pictures. Of course I select “delete from card” before importing, but to no avail.

I had not had this problem before. Is anyone else having the same experience?

macintosh doctor
Nov 15th, 2016, 09:16 AM
I’m running OS Sierra on a mid-2014 MBP. I think, (since I didn’t meticulously check) that since ‘upgrading' to Sierra, Photos has not been deleting images from my SD card after importing pictures. Of course I select “delete from card” before importing, but to no avail.

I had not had this problem before. Is anyone else having the same experience?

I recommend a full reformat of all SD cards once a month by your camera, so they are in tip top shape - as SD cards can get corrupt.

eMacMan
Nov 15th, 2016, 10:30 AM
I have always locked my cards before plugging them into any computer. I want to be sure the images are properly imported, then double backed before erasing images.

As previously commented I then erase images by reformatting the card on the camera.

While worms and other malware are almost non-existent on Macs, this method also insures there is zero chance of such a beast being transferred to the card.

rgray
Nov 15th, 2016, 08:15 PM
I recommend a full reformat of all SD cards once a month by your camera, so they are in tip top shape - as SD cards can get corrupt.

I have to agree with this! Reformat regularly. I would never trust an SD card for any kind of storage.

Kleles
Nov 16th, 2016, 12:22 AM
I reformatted my SD card in camera, took a few pictures, inserted the card into the MBP, selected “delete photos from SD card,” and imported them into Photos. I then put the card into my camera and saw that the pictures had not been deleted. As I was going through the process I also noticed that inserting the SD card into the reader did not start the Photos app (I had to click on the icon on the dock).