: Notifications Not Working on Apple Watch with Apple Pay On

kloan
Oct 22nd, 2016, 04:54 PM
After I set up Apple Pay on my Apple Watch, I'm no longer receiving any notifications whatsoever.

Anyone know how to fix this? I'm currently erasing and setting it up as a new watch, which means I'll have to call my credit card company to verify the card again... hopefully a reset will fix it, otherwise this is f'd up.

I read a few posts, one says turn of activation lock, but if I do that, it removes all cards from Apple Pay.. so that kind of defeats the purpose.

EDIT: I just read on Apple's website that the little blue lock icon isn't supposed to show up when I'm wearing the watch.. only when I'm not wearing it, or when it's charging. So that's messed up. Faulty sensor??

kloan
Oct 22nd, 2016, 05:42 PM
After a reset and not installing any 3rd party apps, so far it's staying unlocked while wearing. It's only been about 30 mins though, so I'll test it throughout the day. Wasn't that big of a deal having to call my CC company to get the card verified again.

Since it locks automatically each time I take it off now, I'll try to remember to enter the code before I put it on my wrist. Hopefully it'll stay unlocked for the remainder of wearing it throughout the day before taking off at night. I'm not convinced it's a faulty sensor issue... I did see some people get replacements and theirs worked normally after that, but since I'm out of warranty, I don't have that option.. so my fingers are crossed it was just a software hiccup.

BReligion
Oct 22nd, 2016, 08:25 PM
EDIT: I just read on Apple's website that the little blue lock icon isn't supposed to show up when I'm wearing the watch.. only when I'm not wearing it, or when it's charging. So that's messed up. Faulty sensor??

I've found mine going to lock mode more often with WatchOS3.. but I have noticed if my watch isn't super snug to my wrist it thinks it's come off. Which is nice but a pain considering I am between holes on the sport band I am using now.. one a little too loose, one a little to snug.

BReligion