: iPhone 5S And iOS 9.3.3

SINC
Jul 30th, 2016, 07:57 PM
I have a friend who just upgraded his iPhone 4 to a 5S at the Telus store. The guy at Telus advised him not to upgrade the current software to 9.3.3 as it would slow his new phone down. It is currently running 9.3.2, but has anyone had issues with the new software upgrade on a 5S?

I see a petiton to Apple on Facebook (pfffft) claiming Apple is deliberately slowing down phones and tablets. I don't believe that crap, but if anyone knows more than I do, please chime in so I can advise him what to do.

If it was me, I would just install the new system like I did on my wife's iPhone 5 which works as normal running 9.3.3. I suspect a 5S would do the same.

gwillikers
Jul 31st, 2016, 03:16 AM
There are a number of people that are complaining about iOS 9.3.3 breaking their iBooks app. I don't use the iBooks app, so I can't comment. But here's a link about it...

Forbes Welcome (http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2016/07/22/apple-ios-9-3-3-ibooks-ipads/#24979a1d464a)

I did recently upgrade my iPhone 5S to 9.3.3, and I can't say that I've noticed any problems, or slowdowns at this point. Should I notice anything odd I'll report back in this thread.

SINC
Jul 31st, 2016, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the feedback Howie, my buddy is not much of a phone (or computer) guy so wanted to try and help him out.

rgray
Aug 1st, 2016, 01:07 AM
With every iOS update there seem to be a collection of whinging retrogressives that carry on the same old dirge........ There are a few similar on this board with respect to OSX... ;)

For myself I updated to 9.3.3 on my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini2 with absolutely no ill effects..... :clap:

BReligion
Aug 2nd, 2016, 01:17 PM
For myself I updated to 9.3.3 on my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini2 with absolutely no ill effects..... :clap:

... +1

Running an iPhone 5. No issues after 9.3.3.
Can't say a noticeable hit in performance or battery (keep in mind my batter has sucked for ages, so it's no better or worse then before).

BReligion

monokitty
Aug 2nd, 2016, 03:56 PM
I have a friend who just upgraded his iPhone 4 to a 5S at the Telus store. The guy at Telus advised him not to upgrade the current software to 9.3.3 as it would slow his new phone down. It is currently running 9.3.2, but has anyone had issues with the new software upgrade on a 5S?

I see a petiton to Apple on Facebook (pfffft) claiming Apple is deliberately slowing down phones and tablets. I don't believe that crap, but if anyone knows more than I do, please chime in so I can advise him what to do.

If it was me, I would just install the new system like I did on my wife's iPhone 5 which works as normal running 9.3.3. I suspect a 5S would do the same.

There is no performance difference between 9.3.2 and 9.3.3 - I think the rep at the store was referring to not upgrading to 9.x from 8.x or earlier, not realizing his iPhone was already on 9.3.2.

SINC
Aug 3rd, 2016, 06:34 AM
There is no performance difference between 9.3.2 and 9.3.3 - I think the rep at the store was referring to not upgrading to 9.x from 8.x or earlier, not realizing his iPhone was already on 9.3.2.

Thanks, that is just as I suspected.