: newbie iPhone questions with strange goings on

18m2
Jun 23rd, 2016, 10:38 PM
My wife and I bought iPhones for each other last XMAS. We are still learning and trying to figure them out..

My wife's App Store app acts strange. When the "Features", "Top Charts", "Explore" and "Search" options from the bottom of the screen are selected the screen becomes blank. The “Update" option works as expected. I've had other non-Apple apps appear to be damaged, deleting them and reinstalling always fixed the problem. Unfortunately the App Store app can't be deleted.

Any suggestions?

Now for the second weird problem.

When my wife calls (cell phone to cell phone) my phone doesn't ring. Her calls go directly to my voice mail. Its as if my phone blocks her but I can't find any indication I blocked her calls. I can’t find anything in the settings or her contact that would cause this. She can reach me with both Messages and FaceTime.

You can understand why apparently blocking one's wife's calls is really bad idea ......

I can call her and it works. We've compared many of the setting with no success.

Again, I'm looking for suggestions.

rgray
Jun 23rd, 2016, 11:34 PM
I will assume that you have at least shut down and restarted each phone? Yes? No?

Next thing to try would be to connect each to iTunes and Restore each one.

Have you done this? Result?

Failing that we fall back to a "Reset All Settings" and rebuild the setup again. Look under Settings>General and scroll down.

It would also help to state model of iPhone and level of iOS........ Just sayin'..... ;)

CubaMark
Jun 24th, 2016, 12:20 AM
Do both of you have individual Apple IDs, one on each phone?

18m2
Jun 24th, 2016, 01:45 AM
I will assume that you have at least shut down and restarted each phone? Yes? No?

Next thing to try would be to connect each to iTunes and Restore each one.

Have you done this? Result?

Failing that we fall back to a "Reset All Settings" and rebuild the setup again. Look under Settings>General and scroll down.

It would also help to state model of iPhone and level of iOS........ Just sayin'..... ;)

We haven't but will do the restart first.

Our iPhones at 6s and the IOS is version 9.3.2

And, yes we each have our own Apple ID's.

18m2
Jun 24th, 2016, 02:37 AM
The restart fixed my wife's App Store problem ... She thanks you.

I restarted my iPhone and performed the reset. My phone appears to send her calls directly and immediately to voice mail. I searched through all the settings and my phone blocked list and erased all the blocked numbers.

still don't get her calls. :(

SINC
Jun 24th, 2016, 06:15 AM
Perhaps this will help you solve the issue.

Incoming iPhone calls go to voice mail without ringing - Apple Toolbox (http://appletoolbox.com/2014/02/incoming-iphone-calls-go-to-voice-mail-without-ringing/)

18m2
Jun 24th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Thank you SINC.

I read through the recommended solutions and reset the Network then further down the comments there was a suggestion to delete all the messages. Not sure which one made the difference but calls from my wife's phone now rings on my phone.

Its appears there were a lot of messages from numbers I'm not familiar with so I might have opened a spam-can of worms.

Again thanks to everyone for your assistance ... I learned a lot of iPhone stuff.