: Transfer A Playlist From One iPhone To Another?

SINC
Jun 18th, 2016, 10:11 AM
I created a playlist on my MBP of oldies that I play through my wireless speakers in my 1949 Meteor while at car shows that plays for two and a half hours. I use my iPhone 6S to play via Bluetooth.

My wife would like to have the same playlist on her iPhone 5 as she does not have any music on her phone. (I use my MBP to back up her phone, etc.) Is it possible to somehow transfer that playlist of music from my MBP or iPhone to her iPhone?

hexdiy
Jun 18th, 2016, 10:26 PM
I dont see the problem: selective sync.
Connect your wife's phone to your MBP via USB cable. Open iTunes. Click on the iPhone mounted tab.
Click on "sync music" and "selected playlist". Voilą.

hexdiy
Jun 19th, 2016, 11:36 PM
Don't you believe me? Just as a test I synched my iPhone 3GS iTunes song library to a MacBook via Senuti, added the songs to an existing playlist on the MacBook, and re-synched the lot to the iPhone.
Result: now all my songs are on the iPhone!

If you sync an existing playlist, the playlists already on the iPhone will be deleted, I think.
So be careful to prepare a playlist on your Mac.

But in the case of your wife's iPhone, no big deal since she doesn't have music on it yet. Just sync your preferred playlist over USB (never mind iCloud/ iTunes Match...).

Good luck!

Technical details:
- iTunes 11.4
- iOS 6.1.6
- OSX 10.6.8
- Senuti 1.3.3 trial
( yeah, I'm an antiquarian).

SINC
Jun 21st, 2016, 04:41 AM
Thank you sir, way too easy, just didn't think about doing that.