: Thieves Dressed as Employees Terrorize NYC Apple Stores

SINC
Jun 11th, 2016, 03:53 AM
They've made off with nearly 100 iPhones since February.

Thieves Dressed as Employees Terrorize NYC Apple Stores (http://www.newser.com/story/226446/thieves-dressed-as-employees-terrorize-nyc-apple-stores.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=im&utm_tracker=1735409x84899)

HowEver
Jun 11th, 2016, 08:53 AM
The word "Terrorize" is not applicable in this context.

Oakbridge
Jun 11th, 2016, 02:42 PM
I agree about the use of the word, although it's not Sinc's fault. It's another example of how poor 'journalists' have become.

SINC
Jun 11th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Yep, agreed on the word use, but thought the story was interesting enough that members might want to know how thieves grab Apple hardware. That is why I posted it without comment on the headline. Too often 'overblown' these days for my liking for an old school newspaper guy.

eMacMan
Jun 12th, 2016, 10:01 AM
I agree about the use of the word, although it's not Sinc's fault. It's another example of how poor 'journalists' have become.

Sadly true!

jagga
Jul 6th, 2016, 12:43 AM

you mean bloggers!

S.Jobs loathed the social media coming a few years back and berrated about 'REAL' Journalists vs bloggers!

iMatt
Jul 6th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Sadly, a clickbait headline is no longer a reliable way to tell a "real" journalist from a fake one, and blog vs. news site is no longer an easy line to draw nor a reliable gauge of quality reporting (granted, however, that a huge number of blogs don't meet basic journalistic standards).

Comments on social media and newspaper comment sections, though... ugh. Facebook threads and news sites tend to attract obnoxious, ill-informed trolls and idiots. Any issue you can name, somewhere there's a massive Facebook thread jam-packed with jerks and idiots on all sides of the "debate".