: Ipad mini2 Screen repair, now no GPS?

ahMEmon
Apr 28th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Recently I dropped my out of warranty iPad mini 2 and shattered the screen, so I took it to iRepair to be fixed. Took a few days and a few back and forths (I guess these devices are NOT so easy to repair after all) I finally got it back with a working screen.

I use my iPad as a GPS, so after mounting it in my car, I noticed that Waze couldn't find my location. Neither could Google Maps, Apple Maps or any OTHER Map app. Location services are on.

I've reset the device three+ times, and even done a "reset all settings" but STILL no GPS signal. Is it even remotely possible that a screen repair could have damaged the GPS in the unit? I've done everything but a nuke and restore.

Ideas?

broad
Apr 28th, 2016, 03:08 PM
backup and nuke to be sure but its quite possible something internal was damaged. there are antennas in there that run behind the bezels, one of which is for the LTE GPS..its definitely possible that this was damaged during the repair as its quite easy to do if you're not paying attention

Pat McCrotch
May 7th, 2016, 11:09 PM
Hello,

I broke my iPad 4 screen a while back and got a replacement digitizer from amazon.ca . Worked ok for a while but now, many parts of the screen simply don't respond to touch anymore.

Can anyone suggest a good solution for finding a better quality screen? I'm thinking of switching the screen and just selling it for 100-150$ to a friend and buying a newer iPad since I use my iPad very much for school. Obviously I'm not considering going to apple because It would cost upwards of 150$ and I could simply upgrade for a few hundred more.

Thanks in advance!