: For Sale SOLD... FREE: Apple WiFi Airport Card 802.11b

gwillikers
Apr 7th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Apple WiFi Airport Card 802.11b

- removed from an eMac G4

Just pay shipping, it's free.

Macfury
Apr 7th, 2016, 08:42 PM
Man, those things used to be gold! Just finding a used one was like winning a lottery.

gwillikers
Apr 7th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Man, those things used to be gold! Just finding a used one was like winning a lottery.

I know. My how things have changed eh. lol

The eMac that it came out of works perfectly, but at 50 pounds, it's going to recycling. Can't even give them away anymore.

eMacMan
Apr 8th, 2016, 09:19 PM
I know. My how things have changed eh. lol

The eMac that it came out of works perfectly, but at 50 pounds, it's going to recycling. Can't even give them away anymore.

I am sure if I looked around a bit I have a second one of those tucked away somewhere.

Would love to have the eMac if it can run OS9, but shipping would be absolutely prohibitive.:eek:

Those old eMacs sure had a great anti-theft design. Slick as the road to hell and heavy as an anvil.

gwillikers
Apr 8th, 2016, 10:04 PM
I am sure if I looked around a bit I have a second one of those tucked away somewhere.

Would love to have the eMac if it can run OS9, but shipping would be absolutely prohibitive.:eek:

Those old eMacs sure had a great anti-theft design. Slick as the road to hell and heavy as an anvil.

It worked fine but was pretty marked up, and the PRAM battery was dead of course. It was the low end 700MHz model with a 30 GB drive and a combo optical drive.

I trudged it into recycling today, and boy are my arms ever tired. :eek: :lmao:

gwillikers
Apr 9th, 2016, 12:13 AM
Airport card is spoken for.

eMacMan
Apr 9th, 2016, 08:48 PM
It worked fine but was pretty marked up, and the PRAM battery was dead of course. It was the low end 700MHz model with a 30 GB drive and a combo optical drive.

I trudged it into recycling today, and boy are my arms ever tired. :eek: :lmao:

Scavenged the speakers out of mine. Added a $20 amp from Amazon.ca and the MacPro has great sound for $20!

Audio-wise the second Gen eMac was a giant leap in the wrong direction. Without the baffles the little speakers just sounded tinny.