: Using iPad mini 4 as main camera

Canada
Feb 6th, 2016, 09:21 PM
Hello everybody, my name is CANADA. :cool:

I'm here because I would like to know if the iPad mini 4 camera is good enough to become my main camera. I currently have an iPhone 5, which I am willing to sell to acquire the shiny and glorious, Gold iPad mini 4. :love2:

Compared to the iPhone 5, which one out of the two has the best camera? The iPhone 5, or the iPad mini 4? I am gonna be using both back and front cameras. I just want to be certain before selling my iPhone 5.

Thank y'all and have a good night (or day)!

SINC
Feb 7th, 2016, 11:37 AM
The iPad is not a phone, so selling your iPhone and keeping the mini would leave you without a phone at all.

If you don't need a phone, it should be fine as it does have a bit better camera, but the size alone would deter me from using any iPad as a camera. The iPhone 5 takes very good photos and I doubt many amateurs would recognize the difference between it and the iPad mini 4 in quality.

chas_m
Feb 8th, 2016, 02:07 AM
There will be a flashbulb of photographers around shortly to express their shock and contempt at the notion of a mere iOS device comparing to a "real" camera, or someone's main camera (even though in fact, the iPhone is the world's most popular camera by some considerable margin).

I enjoy the cameras in Apple products, but they are really ideally used for two particular types of photos: outdoor with good lighting, and those that do not require zooming. A camera you have is better than one you don't of course, but an iOS camera is not ideal for all kinds of photography, and compares really poorly to DSLRs (for example) in a number of areas.