: Home button and Siri since 9.2.1

ahMEmon
Feb 3rd, 2016, 12:52 PM
So yesterday I was able to confirm that the problem wasn't just with me.

I recently updated my iPad Mini 2 128gb to 9.2.1 using iTunes. Went thru smoothly, no problems, everything worked as expected, or so I thought.

Turns out, since the update, pressing the home button for ANY REASON will almost always bring up Siri. At first I thought it was my home button; maybe it's a little sticky, of maybe something seeped into the seam. Then I saw a co-worker having the same problem with HER iPad mini. Then my tenant. Then some stranger in the Food Court of a shopping mall. Weird.

It turns out that anything other than the quickest tap, 8 times out of 10 will bring up Siri, and as you can understand, this gets annoying REAL quick. Any suggestions on what I can tweak to eliminate or at least reduce this problem that DID NOT EXIST in 9.2?

SINC
Feb 3rd, 2016, 01:34 PM
FWIW I have an iPad Mini 2 32gb on 9.2.1 and do not have this issue. Seems odd that mine is OK.

broad
Feb 3rd, 2016, 02:40 PM
I'm at the point where I'm not updating iOS at all until i see it functioning on a test device that isn't mine.

Oakbridge
Feb 3rd, 2016, 05:28 PM
4 iOS devices, none have the problem you described. I'd book a Genius Bar appointment.

chas_m
Feb 3rd, 2016, 11:38 PM
I don't have an iPad mini, but I do have an iPhone 6s and an iPad Air 2. I'm not seeing this problem, Mr. Heavythumb. :)

(but seriously I'm not seeing this problem. I have accidentally called up Siri a time or two, but it was because I held the home button down too long)

IllusionX
Feb 4th, 2016, 08:13 AM
There is an option to call siri when you lift up the phone to your ears. I'd disable that.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

SINC
Feb 4th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Wasn't the lift option removed back in OS 8? It is now known as 'Hey Siri' and is controlled by voice, not lift.

IllusionX
Feb 5th, 2016, 08:44 AM
Wasn't the lift option removed back in OS 8? It is now known as 'Hey Siri' and is controlled by voice, not lift.
You are right!

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk