: Good Source for Replacement MBP battery?

thegoat54
Nov 18th, 2015, 06:58 AM
I've got a Mid 2009 Macbook Pro and the battery is finally giving up on me.

Over the years I've upgraded the RAM and installed a SSD and this machine is still going strong so have no need to replace it at this point.

There are many sellers on eBay selling batteries for approximately $50. Some even go to the trouble of saying that they are not fakes or reproductions. I'm not sure I actually believe this though.

I don't mind paying more for a battery if it is actually better, but don't want to get ripped off either.

Where are people getting their replacement batteries? Are the eBay ones ok?

IllusionX
Nov 18th, 2015, 08:05 AM
I get the replacement ones on eBay that say its build from the same factory as Apple.
Usually around 50$US.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Dr_AL
Nov 18th, 2015, 09:20 AM
I picked up two 2008 MBP batteries from CanadaRAM a few weeks ago. A hair more expensive than the eBay listings but it shipped from Canada and I feel I supported a Canadian business.

Batteries shipped quickly and I was pleased. Still a hell of a lot cheaper than the Apple ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

thegoat54
Nov 18th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Do you think the Canada Ram ones are any different than the eBay ones? Or are they both the same thing?

andreww
Nov 18th, 2015, 07:17 PM
I've got a Mid 2009 Macbook Pro and the battery is finally giving up on me.

Over the years I've upgraded the RAM and installed a SSD and this machine is still going strong so have no need to replace it at this point.

There are many sellers on eBay selling batteries for approximately $50. Some even go to the trouble of saying that they are not fakes or reproductions. I'm not sure I actually believe this though.

I don't mind paying more for a battery if it is actually better, but don't want to get ripped off either.

Where are people getting their replacement batteries? Are the eBay ones ok?

Tell me, was the SSD addition worth it in your opinion?

thegoat54
Nov 18th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Yes the SSD was the best upgrade I ever did. Like a brand new machine after that.

I also removed the Optical drive and put my other hard drive in that bay.

Running the OS and Apps on the SSD. Using the HD for file storage.

macintosh doctor
Nov 22nd, 2015, 11:16 AM
:: BTI Powered by Battery Technology :: (http://www.batterytech.com)

pm-r
Nov 22nd, 2015, 05:22 PM
:: BTI Powered by Battery Technology :: (http://www.batterytech.com)

Just thought I'd give this link a try, just to see…

I'd say basically useless… neither of several of the listed choices were even available… waste of time…

CanadaRAM
Nov 23rd, 2015, 02:00 AM
Do you think the Canada Ram ones are any different than the eBay ones? Or are they both the same thing?
Impossible to say, given we don't know which eBay ones are being looked at.

There are certainly some bogus batteries we have seen which were sold on eBay, advertised as full capacity (6 cell or 9 cell) but when you get them they weigh about 4 ounces and obviously have only 3 cells in them. So there is a risk there.

We offer 2 lines of batteries

One from Dr Battery, which are Asian made replacement batteries, and come with a one or 2 year warranty. The distributor in in BC, so the warranty is fulfilled in Canada, as opposed to having to ship it offshore. Each battery has a serial and a manufacture date code.

The other batteries we carry are from Newer Technolgies in the USA. They are about 40% more costly than the Dr Battery units. Some of the Newer Tech batteries have higher mAH capacity ratings than the original Apple batteries.