: Enhanced Mobile View on desktop every now and then

tilt
Oct 11th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Every now and then EhMac.ca on my iMac loads up the Enhanced Mobile View instead of the normal view. I have not been able to discern a pattern to this behaviour, but it's quite irritating.

Cheers

VSAdmin
Oct 13th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Every now and then EhMac.ca on my iMac loads up the Enhanced Mobile View instead of the normal view. I have not been able to discern a pattern to this behaviour, but it's quite irritating.

Cheers

If you are clearing your cookies or if 90 days pass the skin will revert.

Kyle

tilt
Oct 14th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I am not clearing my cookies. Can you please stop the skin reverting to the mobile version, considering that I am on an iMac and NOT a mobile device?

If I am on a mobile device I can understand the default skin being the mobile skin, but on a desktop device the default skin should be the desktop skin and not the mobile skin, 90 days or not.

Cheers

VSAdmin
Oct 19th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Are you using a rocket stick or some other 3g type connection? I assume safari correct?

Kyle

tilt
Oct 25th, 2015, 09:48 AM
My apologies for the delay in responding - I was travelling and did not have internet access. I just got back.

In response to your query, no, I am not using anything like a rocket stick or a 3G connection. I am on a plain vanilla iMac with plain vanilla OS X El Capitan and Safari; and I am connected to the internet by my Airport Extreme.

Cheers

VSAdmin
Oct 26th, 2015, 02:00 PM
My apologies for the delay in responding - I was travelling and did not have internet access. I just got back.

In response to your query, no, I am not using anything like a rocket stick or a 3G connection. I am on a plain vanilla iMac with plain vanilla OS X El Capitan and Safari; and I am connected to the internet by my Airport Extreme.

Cheers

Hi,

You can set your default skin to stay on the full view mode. To do this, please go to the User CP, on the left hand side, under Settings and Options. At the bottom of that page, there is a setting that you can change to what you want your default skin to be.

Cheers,
Sheena

tilt
Oct 27th, 2015, 06:27 AM
Hi,

You can set your default skin to stay on the full view mode. To do this, please go to the User CP, on the left hand side, under Settings and Options. At the bottom of that page, there is a setting that you can change to what you want your default skin to be.

Cheers,
Sheena

My skin has always been EhMac New Style - Fixed Width. That has not changed at all and is the same even now. However, occasionally EhMac will launch with the enhanced mobile interface instead. That is what my problem is and that is what I need help with.

Thanks and cheers

VSAdmin
Oct 27th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Are you sure that is the full view destop mode though? Can your please try that and see if it reverts?

Thanks,
Marie, Community Support

tilt
Oct 28th, 2015, 03:00 AM
Marie, I don't know what that means. I have attached a screenshot of what I currently have.

VSAdmin
Oct 28th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Hello,

So I googled around the internet about this:

Safari 4 on iMac Defaults to Mobile Version of Google.co.uk | MacRumors Forums (http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/safari-4-on-imac-defaults-to-mobile-version-of-google-co-uk.842613/)

If you delete all Cookies and cache data (Preferences->Pricacy-> "Remove All Website Data") you will probably find the problem resolved. Thankfully Safari keeps passwords in another place so if you have saved passwords (though you shouldn't save passwords for CHASE !) you won't lose them in the process;

It seems like it's mainly a Safari browser thing with a tough cookie that won't disappear.

Lee

tilt
Oct 29th, 2015, 02:56 AM
Hello,

So I googled around the internet about this:

Safari 4 on iMac Defaults to Mobile Version of Google.co.uk | MacRumors Forums (http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/safari-4-on-imac-defaults-to-mobile-version-of-google-co-uk.842613/)

It seems like it's mainly a Safari browser thing with a tough cookie that won't disappear.

Lee

Thank you. However there are two issues with this solution:

1. I am on Safari 9.0.1
2. I already did the delete cookies and website data thing - that did not give me a permanent solution - the problem came back.

So, if this is indeed a cookie or something, I am guessing logically that this must be one of EhMac's cookies (since only this site is affected). None of my other four,ms have ever been affected by this issue. Could you maybe go through all your cookies settings and see if one of them is probably causing this?

Thanks and cheers

VSAdmin
Nov 3rd, 2015, 03:59 PM
Is your safari browser set to remember cookies? If it isn't it will not remember the settings that you have it on and will force it another way. I just tested on my iMac in Safari and I was not seeing the enhanced mobile view. When do you see it, randomly or on certain sections of the site?

~Sheena

tilt
Nov 4th, 2015, 01:57 AM
Is your safari browser set to remember cookies? If it isn't it will not remember the settings that you have it on and will force it another way. I just tested on my iMac in Safari and I was not seeing the enhanced mobile view. When do you see it, randomly or on certain sections of the site?

~Sheena

Thank you Sheena.

1. Yes, Safari remembers cookies.
2. I see it randomly. The URL I always go to is Canada's Mac, iPod, iPhone and Apple TV Community! (https://www.ehmac.ca/forum.php) and randomly that loads up in the Mobile View mode.

Cheers

VSAdmin
Nov 5th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Next time you see this happen, can you please take a screenshot of how it is displaying on your mac? I have tested this on both my iMac and my Macbook pro and the format has not once changed to mobile view for me. The screenshot will help us get a better idea of the issue.

Cheers,
Sheena

tilt
Nov 5th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Will do. For now, just for reference, here is what I see when everything is working the way it should. Later when I post the offending screenshot this can be used for comparison.

VSAdmin
Nov 6th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Thank you.

-Marie, Community Support