: For Sale Refurb Mac Mini *Withdrawn*

lightbulb
Nov 15th, 2014, 03:25 PM
I bought the hard to get refurb Mini 4 weeks ago, it's the 2.5 Ghz dual core with 4 GB ram and 500GB HD. My cost was $530 incl. tax. I've now ended up with a quad core version so I'd like to sell my dual core.

It's pretty much an "open box" situation, like new, with receipt available. So for someone looking for a late 2012 mini at a good price, here it is.

I thought it would be snapped up here but I was wrong. After 24 hours without a response I called Apple and they agreed to take it back, past the usual 14 day return period, seeing I had bought a the quad core.

IllusionX
Nov 17th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Nice move from Apple.

the dual core version is not worth the purchase new, since the new mini is faster/better in every point of view aside from the non-upgradable RAM.

HowEver
Nov 17th, 2014, 02:16 PM
24 hours without a response on ehMac? Come on, that would have been a record if there were a response in that timeframe!

That said, returning that to Apple was completely reasonable on your part, and awesome to take a return after a month on their part.

Fox
Nov 17th, 2014, 06:50 PM
The big advantage of the 2012 refurb that lightbulb had is its relatively easy upgradability, vs the new model. I debated myself whether to go with a 2012 or a 2014, but when I saw a 2013 i7 "open box" at Future Shop, my mind was made up. I was able to get it for a very close to what the Apple refurb of that model would sell for (if you can find one). I already took it apart and added an SSD to it with a data doubler. It really flies with the 8 gb RAM chip I also bought. The i5 wouldn't have been as fast, but it's a real winner, too; especially at the refurb price.