: RIP Don Pardo

Kazak
Aug 19th, 2014, 01:11 AM
As someone said on Twitter, "His voice was TV."

Macfury
Aug 19th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Damn! I always liked to hear that voice!

SINC
Aug 19th, 2014, 03:53 AM
I had to look him up on Wiki to even know who he was. After reading his bio, he had a fine career, but as to what his voice sounded like, I am afraid I never watched or listened to any show he was involved with. Sad to learn of his passing and now know what his contributions were due to the thread.

fjnmusic
Aug 19th, 2014, 05:57 AM
He was the voice of Saturday Night Live for damn near 40 years. He voice was like comfort food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr.G.
Aug 19th, 2014, 08:34 AM
He was the voice of Saturday Night Live for damn near 40 years. He voice was like comfort food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said, fjn.

Oakbridge
Aug 19th, 2014, 09:45 AM
I hear his name and I immediately think about the opening to the original Jeopardy. Art Fleming would come out and say, "Thank you Don Pardo, thank you my friends. Let's play Jeopardy!"

And then, for the next 40 years, regardless of which season (except for one), regardless of who was in the cast, his voice introduced us to a who's who of comedy. "It's Saturday Night Live with…"

Jimmy Fallon had a great quote, "Nothing is like the moment when Don Pardo says your name."

A voice like no other and for me personally in the same category as Paul Morris, John O'Hurley, the late (and great) Mark Dailey, the late Don LaFontaine, the late Casey Kasem, and the still going after 65 years and counting with the same sports franchise: Vin Scully.

screature
Aug 19th, 2014, 11:46 AM
As someone said on Twitter, "His voice was TV."

Absolutely agreed. A classic voice. RIP Mr. Pardo.