: iTunes Visualiser / Desktop Icons Oddity

The Doug
Feb 6th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Noticed something odd while playing with iTunes the other day.

I had the Visualiser going, and a certain sequence was so interesting I did CMD SHIFT 3 to take some pictures. I ended up taking about 8 in a row. Click, click, click...

After I quit the Visualiser & then iTunes, I saw that all the icons on my desktop were misplaced. My HD icon (desktop upper-right) had shifted halfway down the side of the screen, other icons were scattered all about. The pictures I'd taken were all piled on top of one another, where the HD icon usually sits.

This is the first & only weird system thing that's happened to me since I upgraded to Panther last November. I've been able to get it to repeat... happens every time I snap a bunch of pictures while the Visualiser is running. Can someone else try it, and let me know if your desktop icons get moved around.

LGBaker
Feb 6th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Doug - the same thing happened to me when following your procedure. I'm running in Jaguar though, so it isn't a Panther thing.

:eek:

The Doug
Feb 6th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Phew. Glad I'm not the only one. Come to think of it, I never took iTunes pics under Jaguar, that's why I never noticed it before & assumed it was a Panther thing.

I think I'll submit a little bug report to Apple...