: questions about scsi card in g4 and HP 4c scaner

zigzagry
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:26 PM
1. Will a tekram dc-315u scsi card work in my dual 450?
Will it require drivers?

2. My work had some problems getting our HP 4C scaner to initialize. I worked great for 5 years, now its having some trouble. It has worked on and off.

Anyway. We bought a new scanjet 8200 and they let me keep the old one, and the scsi card that was used to connect.

HP wants $200 just to look at it
Anyone out there have this scanner?

its from 98 I believe. and has a 8.75 x 14.25 bed.
Hewlet Packard scanjet 4c

Just want to know if anyone knows how i can diagnose the problem. or if anyone has experienced problems with their 4c.

gordguide
Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:09 AM
Check out VuScan (shareware). It's better than most bundled scanner drivers and works with a variety of "problem" models.

You can install a demo which will give you the ability to test the functionality; it watermarks your scans so you'll probably want to pay the shareware fee if it works for you. I think it's about $40.

ekcondon
Feb 3rd, 2004, 01:27 PM
Hi,

I have an Adaptec Card installed on a Dual 450 at my school, with an HP 4C Scanner. I have gotten System prefs to recognize it, but no software will work on it :( , it is a tricky scanner to configure, and If you find software for it, plz, let me know.

Thanks

Eric C

zigzagry
Feb 3rd, 2004, 04:19 PM
thanks for the info.

Before i do that Ill have to find out if this scsi card will work. Should I see it in the profiler?