: For Sale Mac RADEON 7950 3 GB

lewdvig
Nov 27th, 2013, 06:03 PM
This is a XFX Double D Black Edition (you have to love the names people come up with for these things, eh?).

It is flashed back to a normal rom, this would only be suitable for a Windows PC now. Sorry guys!

Macfury
Nov 27th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Might help for you to say which MacPro used it. Some of these cards are model-specific.

lewdvig
Nov 27th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Might help for you to say which MacPro used it. Some of these cards are model-specific.

2009 Nehelem Mac Pro (4,1).

I don't think it will work in a 1,1 or 2,1 due to EFI 64 requirement.

You might be able to use it in a machine with Chameleon boot loader, but YMMV.

johnb1
Nov 29th, 2013, 02:36 PM
I'd like to give it a whirl (and a new home)... money permitting....

Currently I have an nVidia GT8800 so this'd be a definite step up. Why do I have that?
Replacement for a defunct card, same kind, which meant me hauling my baby into my local Apple store for a replacement, only to find out they were not too familiar with Mac Pro's
and they had to follow policy: You get a working version of whatever card was in there to begin with. No upgrades are allowed, even if you have the money. So, now I know better
and, to top it off, they charged me $399.....for an Nvidia 8800GT...that's right...$399
(no joke) :yikes::ptptptptp

anyways, enough with the why's and wherefor's. I'd like to buy this card, if it isn't sold, and we can arrange for shipping. I live in Edmonton, so it wouldn't be too far or too hard to arrange shipping etc

you can reach me here at ehmac or [email protected]
hope to hear from you soon..........John B

gwillikers
Nov 29th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Geezuz John I can't believe your Apple Store would be that cruel. You could've bought a Radeon 5770 for less. That's what I bought to replace my 8800GT.

The 8800GT is actually an okay video card, it's just a little long in the tooth and can't compete with the 1 GB variety in any way.

I know you'll love the 7950 and lewdvig is a good guy to buy from.

lewdvig
Nov 30th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys! I flashed it back to a PC rom before shipping my MP to gwillikers.

I can certainly ship to you John, but you would need to flash the card to a mac rom. Is that something you would be interested in?

johnb1
Nov 30th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Ah...I see....Hm. Yes, but I don't know how to flash the card back to a Mac rom. Of course, I'd be willing to pay a smidge extra for someone smart enough to do that for me.... and shipping of course.....

I'm patient enough anyways
stay warm
JB

lewdvig
Nov 30th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Sadly I no longer have any PC or Mac to install it in and flash it.

I've gone laptop/iPad now.

I also sent all my power cables to gwillikers with the MP. So on second thought this is probably no longer a fit for an average Mac user.

johnb1
Dec 1st, 2013, 01:18 PM
oh ! fudge ! Too good to be true, I guess. I'm gonna have to pass on this one for now....

JB