: Who else has access to My Profile???

CynderKat
Jan 27th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Not sure if this is the right forum for this but here goes.

Guess it is not a good idea to leave blank fields when setting up "My Profile"?

Since I do not have a homepage or picture, I left those fields blank. Just discovered that somehow, someone was able to fill both fields in with a URL for some page called nylonorgy or something to that effect.

I went into My Profile and took it out and entered N/A in both fields. Will this prevent my profile from getting hijacked again? Yeeesh!

monokitty
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:55 PM
No one has access to your Profile unless you give someone else your password or kept yourself logged-in on a public-shared computer (that people other than you use as well). The only other person who has access to your Profile is ehMax, the mayor of ehMac.

I left a field or two blank and never had something without my authorization appear suddenly in either field that I had left blank.

ehMax
Jan 28th, 2004, 12:09 AM
That's really odd CynderKat. I can assure you that I did not enter any information in your profile.

You may want to change your password just as a precaution.

Just checked your profile. I see one of your interests is fishing and drinking beer. Maybe it was a good fishing day when you changed it? tongue.gif ;)

PosterBoy
Jan 28th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Did you log in on a public computer and then not log out? That would be the most likely answer.

CynderKat
Jan 28th, 2004, 10:22 PM
LMAO...

Too cold fer fishin... Not a public computer... Beer, hmmmmmmmmmm, not sure... Can't swear to it, but think I always log out... LOL

Man, I know it was there. Even clicked on it and went to whatever it was (pretty sure it was nylonorgy). Hope it's not some Freudian thing!!!
No pictures, tho. Just a bunch of links that I didn't bother with cause I was all wondering how it got in there.

No doubt, I likely messed something up. But would love to know if you hear of it happening to anyone else and if they know what they did/didn't do that may have allowed it to happen.

I mean, it ain't no big deal... just a wee mystery. graemlins/nuts.gif