: hmm...new ipod is..weird..

frompc2mac
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:58 AM
I received a new iPod from apple to replace the one that had broken earlier...I was happy with that. I am happy with the new one...I just see some differences between it and my old one that I'm not too impressed with. I could see a difference right away because there is a slight green tint in the light on teh screen of my old one..but the new one is just grey. (no problems there lol). However, I have to turn the contrast up higher on the new one to see everythign as clearly as i do on the old one. But when i turn the backlight on it's not as clear anymore. Also when i turn both backlights on (on both ipods) the old one is aLOT more clear...the new one seems to have darker patches in the screen while the old one is crystal clear. Also the middle button gets stuck every now and then too. :\ What has apple been doing to refurb these things? Changing everything inside them or something?

frompc2mac
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:04 AM
not that im complaining. It was a free iPod. Im just..observing. tongue.gif

Macified
Jan 25th, 2004, 01:03 PM
You have every right to complain. It really bugs me when any company decides that it's acceptible to give out an inferior product (ie. refurb) as a warranty replacement. Whether you bought the iPod new or used, if it breaks down during warranty and requires replacement, you deserve to get a quality product.

I'd call Apple Customer Relations and get it dealt with.

The Librarian
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:55 PM
so would i.

i'm on my second one under similar circumstances, but i know what you mean. it's not a privalege to get a new one...it's a right. you should get what you pay for, and in your situation, i'd keep bringing back until you get one that you're happy with. they have the best selling player on the market...they should aim to have the best customer-satisfaction level as well.

frompc2mac
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:18 AM
I thought that as well...that whole...I paid like $500 for this it better be damn good thing. lol But I think if I asked for another replacement I'd get the same thing. There's a lot of indications that they've just been changing what's inside of it...because the screen is noticably different even when the ipods are off. Whatever it is though, is certainly a cheaper part. They'd have to give me a brand new 2nd gen and not a refurb if they've been doing this to all of them. I read stuff in their warrenty and it say necessarily that you'll get a new one. Just one of "functional equivlency" made of "new or refurbished parts".
:(

frompc2mac
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:22 AM
I'm actually curious to see a 3rd gen and compare the three. Perhaps it's a 3rd gen screen in this refurbished ipod. Whatever it is just isn't as crystal clear and bright as the old one. They don't sell mac anything where I live though so I can't go check it out.