Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Bye Bye Maverick

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  MX-V 
#1 ·
so after using Mavericks for at least 2 weeks now I went back to Mountain Lion on my iMac.
Main reason was that my wacom tablet was no longer operational.
and I found nothing amazing in Mavericks to justify keeping it. I cannot be without my wacom tablet.
Anyone else switched back to their previous OS?

#3 ·
i have a legacy tablet, don't' know which one because someone took the sticker off from the back, this tablet is over 10 years old.
I guess I can try the link you gave me and see if that works, thanks for it.

#4 ·
I switched back to Mountain Lion the day after installing Mavericks. Maverick does not play well with XP SMB Printers it seems, and that is an essential part for what I need my macbook pro for. So until it is fixed, if ever, or if I can find a work around that works well, I will be staying with mountain lion.

#9 ·
Networking on my mac has been really slow, I click on a folder on the server and it can take up to 30 seconds for the contents to appear. Other users aren't seeing the same issues though…

Oh and the folders I drag over to my favourites bar keep disappearing, quite annoying.

#14 ·
I had no issue with our Xerox 260, but with previous versions of OS X, they were very slow on getting driver updates out.

#15 ·
I hate the new dock, but other then that I like Mavericks quite a bit, especially the extra battery life. I average about 5 hours of web+coding use on near full brightness while using the 650M in my rMBP (integrated chip is disabled). Used to be about 3.5 in Mountain Lion.

#16 ·
How is the dock different? I have not noticed anything different about the dock from my limited use in a virtual machine.

#19 ·
Does your printer have a Fiery RIP attached on the side? , a bustle they call it. Get a copy of Command WorkStation, gives you complete control over anything with a Fiery RIP. Our old 240 drove me nuts, and that was under Leopard. Now we've got a 700i with Command Workstation running just fine under Mountain Lion. Hoping to go to Mavericks soon.

#21 ·
We use command work station all the time, and it can be used just like a hot folder, drag and drop. I never really bother that way unless a customer as supplied us with a pdf that is perfect from the get go. I print to a hold que and then do what I need to do in command workstation. There are work arounds to my problems (our Xerox 260 works fine in Mavericks) but I would have to change my work flow and do not really want to do that unless I have to.

#20 ·
The golden rule of any OS of piece or software, is to not install it until at least after its first revision. ie. wait until 10.9.1 or higher to upgrade.

Early adopters should only be people who like to find and report these bugs. If you have anything of even mild importance to do on your mac, you should only upgrade when you know it's not a risk to your tasks/workflow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.