: Wasted useless ehmac post rule - is it required or working?

pm-r
Jul 17th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Wasted useless ehmac post rule - is it required or working?

As I posted at:

https://www.ehmac.ca/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1358417

"get a windows based pc!

Gheese ehmac, is the required number of post rule before posting a Classified Ad needed or working the way it was intended?

Here we go again with multiple useless posts from a new member once again!!

It gets a bit boring and a waste to me. "

VSAdmin
Jul 25th, 2013, 12:44 PM
We have post rules set up for the Classified section of the forum to prevent forum users from being scammed out of money or goods. We also do this to help build content on the forum rather then just sales posts. I think most members of the forum do not have an issue with this rule and feel safer buying a product from someone they have seen posting on the forum then some random person who joined yesterday.

- dm, community support

John Clay
Jul 25th, 2013, 01:59 PM
We have post rules set up for the Classified section of the forum to prevent forum users from being scammed out of money or goods. We also do this to help build content on the forum rather then just sales posts. I think most members of the forum do not have an issue with this rule and feel safer buying a product from someone they have seen posting on the forum then some random person who joined yesterday.

- dm, community support

The issue isn't the rule, it's how people spam the forum with useless posts to circumvent it.

Macfury
Jul 25th, 2013, 02:05 PM
The issue isn't the rule, it's how people spam the forum with useless posts to circumvent it.

Just another regulation with unintended consequences. Even if you wrote 30 quality posts in 2 days, how does that make you a trustworthy seller?

pm-r
Jul 25th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Just another regulation with unintended consequences. Even if you wrote 30 quality posts in 2 days, how does that make you a trustworthy seller?

Exactly!! +1!!!

Gerk
Jul 30th, 2013, 09:25 AM
None of it matters when no one is looking in on this place in terms of admin/moderation. You could have all the rules imaginable and if there's no one to enforce them they don't mean much of anything.

pm-r
Jul 30th, 2013, 01:08 PM
None of it matters when no one is looking in on this place in terms of admin/moderation. You could have all the rules imaginable and if there's no one to enforce them they don't mean much of anything.

I just tried to find out where and who might be in control without too much success:

Whois ehmac.ca (http://www.whois.com/whois/ehmac.ca)
Traceroute, Ping, Domain Name Server (DNS) Lookup, WHOIS express www.ehmac.ca (http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=express&host=www.ehmac.ca)
Ehmac.ca WHOIS Domain Registration Information (http://whois.webrankstats.com/whois/ehmac.ca)
www.ehmac.ca - Canada's Mac, iPod, iPhone and Apple TV Community! (http://www.showsiteinfo.us/sites/www.ehmac.ca)
Ehmac.ca WHOIS Domain Registration Information (http://whois.webrankstats.com/whois/ehmac.ca)

All I know is someone called Mo, sometimes posts something who I guess may be the only mod available.

i-rui
Aug 2nd, 2013, 12:12 PM
i registered shortly after your post, but have yet to receive a validation email. just tried for another validation email and still haven't received anything....how long should it take?

Gerk
Aug 2nd, 2013, 12:15 PM
i registered shortly after your post, but have yet to receive a validation email. just tried for another validation email and still haven't received anything....how long should it take?

Hmm ok I will look into this later in the day today. I activated your account manually and I suspect I know what's going on in terms of the mail issue so I should have that sorted out within the day. For the next day or two I will turn off the activation requirement until I get this resolved -- hopefully the spammers won't sneak through already!! Thanks for signing up ... bit of a ghost town at the moment but hopefully that will change as people trickle in.

VSAdmin
Aug 14th, 2013, 12:41 PM
I'm very sorry that I have missed all your comments.

No this does not make you a quality seller but it does mean that you have contributed to the forum. We do not want people to just come on here to pawn off their stuff.

Another comment that I would like to address is the face of the forum. At one point Mo was the forum admin here. We now have a community support team in place that assists all our forum with site issues. Mo no longer with he company so if you need Admin assistance your best bet would be to contact the forum Admin via PM.

Again I'm very sorry about the delay guys.

Thanks
- dm, community support

pm-r
Aug 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM
I'm very sorry that I have missed all your comments.
... ...
No this does not make you a quality seller but it does mean that you have contributed to the forum. We do not want people to just come on here to pawn off their stuff.

At the end of the day though you guys are right. Unless we have mods on the forum to enforce the rules, there are no point in having them. I'm not sure the history of this forums moderation but I can help set up the future of it. I think we need some moderators on this forum. If there is anyone who would to step up to the plate, please send this account a PM.

Another comment that I would like to address is the face of the forum. At one point Mo was the forum admin here. We now have a community support team in place that assists all our forum with site issues. Mo no longer with he company so if you need Admin assistance your best bet would be to contact the forum Admin via PM.

Again I'm very sorry about the delay guys. Please PM me if you're interested in becoming a mod on the forum.

Thanks
- dm, community support

Hmmm...??? Could some explain to me if why Mo has left, why is the post seemingly from Mo, or is Mo a generic admin name??

Today, 08:41 AM #10
Mo
Administrator

... ... ...Mo was the forum admin here. We now have a community support team in place that assists all our forum with site issues. Mo no longer with he company so if you need Admin assistance your best bet would be to contact the forum Admin via PM.

Thanks
- dm, community support

fjnmusic
Aug 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Hmmm...??? Could some explain to me if why Mo has left, why is the post seemingly from Mo, or is Mo a generic admin name??

Today, 08:41 AM #10
Mo
Administrator

This is from the followers of Mo. The Mo-ites, if you will. It's like Spartacus.

pm-r
Aug 14th, 2013, 01:15 PM
This is from the followers of Mo. The Mo-ites, if you will. It's like Spartacus.

Oh my, I certainly hope they don't get crucified as well. ;)

VSAdmin
Aug 14th, 2013, 01:32 PM
When the forum was acquired the forum manager at the time was Mo so the username was correct. Since this account is the Admin account we all use it. If it helps I can change the username to Admin or VSSupport. For the Community Support team we always tag ourselves in the posts we make.

- dm, community support

fjnmusic
Aug 14th, 2013, 04:17 PM
When the forum was acquired the forum manager at the time was Mo so the username was correct. Since this account is the Admin account we all use it. If it helps I can change the username to Admin or VSSupport. For the Community Support team we always tag ourselves in the posts we make.

- dm, community support

To paraphrase Mark Knopfler, two men say they're Mo; one of them must be wrong. :D

pm-r
Aug 14th, 2013, 05:44 PM
To paraphrase Mark Knopfler, two men say they're Mo; one of them must be wrong. :D

Just so long that they don't get Moe, Larry, and Curly in the admin group!!