: A sad state of affairs

jamesB
Jul 5th, 2013, 12:59 AM
What with the horrible page loading delays and server problems, and now the unmoderated venom being spewed out in the form of personal attacks, this forum which used to be my go to forum for an enjoyable and informative experience is no longer viable.
I think the writing is on the wall, the end is near, unless the owners take some very quick and positive remedial action in regards to server performance and posting content, rules etc.

VSAdmin
Jul 10th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I'm very sorry that you feel this way. We can work to make the forum a better place for users but we need to know about site issues when they arise so we can resolve the issue.

Server issues - if you are still encountering server and database issues please record the time and what page you were trying to access so we can check out the issue. You can post in this thread or create a new one informing us of the issue. Site slowness is probably linked to this.

Rules/spammers/ misbehaving members - We an create some for the forum. What would you like to see. Please keep in mind this will have to be discussed with the forum staff.

Please let me know what you think and we can see what we can do to improve the forum.

- dm, community support

FeXL
Jul 10th, 2013, 01:56 PM
We had rules in the past that worked just fine (we don't need to recreate the wheel here), as long as they were administered fairly & equitably across the board.

Unfortunately, that was rarely the case.

In addition, JamesB created that post on July 4 and a response was just issued an hour ago. Difficult to take anything you say with any degree of sincerity when it takes you a week to respond to a post on the Ehmac Help Desk forum...

The decision to purchase ehMac was obviously a business decision. As such, it was probably purchased to make money (as opposed to being a loss leading tax write-off). Now, while heavy-handedness from the owners will surely lead to its closure, so will lack of attention to on going problems such as database issues (of which there have been no shortage of) and the prevailing overall perception that you just don't care.

Address the problems in a reasonable time span, at least act like you are remotely interested in the welfare of these boards, adjudicate them with an even hand & let them make money for you.

fjnmusic
Jul 10th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Harsh. I'm cool with the forum as it stands, especially after a couple of other fiascos were resolved.

SINC
Jul 10th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I too am pleased with how recent suggestions were accepted and in some cases implemented. The only thing I can see that requires improvement is the time it takes to get a reaction when posts are made here. A week is a long time for any response. And the speed improvement is great, it is very fast again, thanks for that.

jamesB
Jul 10th, 2013, 10:42 PM
but we need to know about site issues when they arise so we can resolve the issue.

That's what I was reporting, issues that were current at the time I posted.
That fact that it took you a week to respond does not make my report a late or out of date issue.