: Erratic post delays back again

jamesB
Jun 7th, 2013, 04:15 PM
For awhile now the loading-posting delays have been quite minimal.
Not so the last couple of days, I just posted in the "2 word game" thread, and I kid you not, I was able to sneeze 3 times and blow my nose before the post completed.

PS: I just previewed this post and the delay was very noticeable.

johnp
Jun 7th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Just posted on the Shang thread .... long delay to get on the thread, an even longer one to see my post post. Much the same yesterday. Did notice an improvement for a couple of days earlier in the week.

SINC
Jun 8th, 2013, 01:59 PM
It is the same here. Why does this problem plague ehMac? It never used to be an issue at all.

jamesB
Jun 8th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I guess we could ask our liaison guy "Mo" why?
But then again we'd probably only get the usual scripted response.

pm-r
Jun 8th, 2013, 05:39 PM
The sporadic speeds really hit me yesterday but they seemed to have reoccured Thursday.

Today, with several attempts now, I can't even get a photo uploaded to one of the forums.

It still won't upload. I've made it as small as Preview allows to 926KB and changed its name to normal text/numeral only.

The upload window says 'Please wait' and then it goes completely blank if it doesn't just sit there. I left it in the 'waiting' mode view for over ten minutes and still no success.

What gives ehmac??

pm-r
Jun 8th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Still no photo upload possible.

Even email reply posts are slow.

"johnp has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - The Shangri-la Clubhouse - in the Everything Else, eh! forum of ehMac.ca."

The email notice came in about a hour after johnp's post timestamp.

Anyone in charge or even at the helm of the emac ship MO?????

johnp
Jun 8th, 2013, 07:25 PM
It seems to be ticking along (for me) today!! What a relief from the past couple of days, when I just gave up and quit looking & posting.

pm-r
Jun 8th, 2013, 08:57 PM
It seems to be ticking along (for me) today!! What a relief from the past couple of days, when I just gave up and quit looking & posting.

Its finally speedier for me since about 3:15pm PDT, let's hope it at least stays so for a while.

I wonder if anyone has the knowledge and tools to do some ping tests etc. to find out where the delay time is.

I tried the other day with 'Network Utility' but I don't and couldn't understand the results I got. And I really wouldn't know what to look for nor how to use it properly or how all that stuff works.

Here's hoping... ;)

VSAdmin
Jun 10th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Its finally speedier for me since about 3:15pm PDT, let's hope it at least stays so for a while.

I wonder if anyone has the knowledge and tools to do some ping tests etc. to find out where the delay time is.

I tried the other day with 'Network Utility' but I don't and couldn't understand the results I got. And I really wouldn't know what to look for nor how to use it properly or how all that stuff works.

Here's hoping... ;)

I will try to get my tech team to run a report on this but in the meantime, is this issue still occurring with site speed?

MD
Community Support

SINC
Jun 10th, 2013, 12:11 PM
It is much better this morning Mo, thanks.

pm-r
Jun 10th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I will try to get my tech team to run a report on this but in the meantime, is this issue still occurring with site speed?

MD
Community Support

Thanks Mo, but I'm afraid to say anything positive about the speed, as the last few times I did it went into tortoise mode a short time later.

But it is still working well for me so far today and much more enjoyable.

johnp
Jul 24th, 2013, 02:39 PM
It's getting back into "tortoise mode" once again. Rather slow on the big threads yesterday, much slower today, with long delays in accessing and posting.

mrjimmy
Aug 2nd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Holy lag time Batman!

EhMac is brutal for me today. I keep thinking it's my intermittent wifi issues but nope, it's ehMac. Slow slow slow.

groovetube
Aug 2nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
me too. Can barely post anymore here.

pm-r
Aug 2nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
I can't even check some forums: the shang and the weather etc. without getting a 'database error' or maybe eventually after several tries.

Some others seem sorta OK.

pm-r
Aug 2nd, 2013, 01:03 PM
I can't even check some forums: the shang and the weather etc. without getting a 'database error' or maybe eventually after several tries.

Well this one doesn't seem to be going anywhere so I'll try again and just leave it. I had left it trying for over a minute. :(

pm-r
Aug 2nd, 2013, 01:09 PM

Well this one doesn't seem to be going anywhere so I'll try again and just leave it. I had left it trying for over a minute. :(

WTF??? I get this now:

"The following errors occurred with your submission:

This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between posts. Please try again in 10 seconds."

Gheese!! I had waited - about two minutes!! And I can't even type anything in ten seconds for heaven's sake!!

:( :(

pm-r
Aug 2nd, 2013, 01:17 PM
Sorry folks for the multiple posts and I don't know what's going on and I just followed the directions to refresh the page and send again after I got this:

" Database error
The ehMac.ca database has encountered a problem.

The Canada's Mac, iPod, iPhone and Apple TV Community! (https://www.ehmac.ca) forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

Yeah, just a boiler plate reply for the problem that never seems to get fixed!! :(

VSAdmin
Aug 2nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
I noticed this too when I was posting on the Spam thread. I'm going to report this issue to Site Down before the site does go down. Hang in there guys!

- dm, community support

johnp
Aug 2nd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Just made to posts to The Shang .... I thought ... they went, wonder where?

edit to update:
Well, the posts finally posted, it just took about 5 minutes to do so!!

screature
Aug 2nd, 2013, 02:40 PM
Really, really bad today. I even had a post completely disappear after posting it only have to post it again.

VSAdmin
Aug 2nd, 2013, 03:31 PM
I just got a report that the site should be better now. On my end it appears to be faster, no hold up when posting, and I have yet to receive a database error.

- dm, community support

pm-r
Aug 2nd, 2013, 04:01 PM
I just got a report that the site should be better now. On my end it appears to be faster, no hold up when posting, and I have yet to receive a database error.

- dm, community support

Much better now Mo, and thanks and to your crew as well.

krs
Aug 2nd, 2013, 04:48 PM
I got database errors just trying to get to ehMac using my bookmark.

And then database errors trying to access some posts.

Are these types of problems usually related to the server and the hosting company?
I have a number of websites where I use a Canadian hosting service in Toronto, had them for 7 years and have never had these types of problems.
One of the websites is a large database including images which I use myself several times each day; I couldn't tolerate ongoing issues there like we have on ehMac.

pm-r
Aug 14th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Unfortunately it looks like the long delay to access or post is back again today, and it's REALLY bad and super SLOOOOOOOW with some forums. :(

Or is it just me and my Mac??

Gerk
Aug 14th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Unfortunately it looks like the long delay to access or post is back again today, and it's REALLY bad and super SLOOOOOOOW with some forums. :(

It's not just you. I timed out 3 times trying to send a PM and regular posts (the few that I've made today) take anywhere from 10-30 seconds (or more) to get through.

johnp
Aug 14th, 2013, 05:20 PM

No ... not just you. It's barely accessible, let alone postable!!!!!!:( (on some forums, that is!!)

krs
Aug 14th, 2013, 05:23 PM

Was fine this morning.
Did that just start?

PS: I timed this post - took only about 3 seconds to come up

PPS: Hmmm, the edit of the first post now took almost 30 seconds

PPPS: And the edit of the second post took 45 seconds before it showed as posted

PPPPS: Getting worse...53 seconds

50 seconds for the last one - end of timing...

pm-r
Aug 14th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Thanks.

I just tried a shutdown and boot in case I had something goofy happening.

Well, that last post too 88 seconds, and an Edit attempt never did complete.

Now when I access it it's back to fast.

Yes, it seemed to get slower and slower from about 9am PDT for me.

EDIT: Forget any speed I got by fluke I guess, it's back to COLD molasses.

Make that sloooow Mo A$$es!!!

johnp
Aug 14th, 2013, 05:34 PM
pm-r .... I just posted to the Weather forum .... after 50 seconds of watching it not post, I backed out, and went away from the website. That seemed to work .. the post took!! Good grief.

pm-r
Aug 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I'm afraid to say anything, but the access and posting speed seems to be decently fast now - 2pm PDT.

I wonder where or what the delay cause was and when it will strike again??

johnp
Aug 14th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I'm afraid to say anything, but the access and posting speed seems to be decently fast now - 2pm PDT.I wonder where or what the delay cause was and when it will strike again??
... whatever/whenever ... but it's nice to see it back up to par!! :D

VSAdmin
Aug 15th, 2013, 04:00 PM
I'm really sorry I did not see this yesterday. On my end today it is looking good (although I might have to edit my post after I hit submit to retract this statement). Is anyone still having an issue with site speed?

- dm, community support

pm-r
Aug 15th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I'm really sorry I did not see this yesterday. On my end today it is looking good (although I might have to edit my post after I hit submit to retract this statement). Is anyone still having an issue with site speed?

- dm, community support

It seems to be working well today thanks, and I hope I don't regret saying that.

It got close to being unusable part way into the afternoon and hit and miss here yesterday in PDT zone.

johnp
Aug 24th, 2013, 03:25 PM
It's beginning to crawl once again. The large threads are loading very slowly, and posting to such, the same. (The Weather, The Shang, and etc.)

pm-r
Aug 24th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Yup, it's been like that for most of today here and still is and it seemed to have started it's crawl last evening about 8:00pm+ PDT.

The Weather, The Shang, especially bad.

johnp
Sep 23rd, 2013, 05:29 PM
It's here we go again time ... slow for the past couple of days, but almost impossible to do most anything today ... well, at least for me, our here in BC.

pm-r
Sep 23rd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Same slowness here as well, and with most ehmac forums.

FeXL
Sep 23rd, 2013, 06:32 PM
Brutal slowdowns today, some lesser ones yesterday.

SINC
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Over a minute and one half this morning. Not worth the trouble to even try to post.

groovetube
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:51 AM
great. Then perhaps people can post in peace without you jumping all over them with personal attacks.

Macfury
Sep 24th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Troll post reported.

pm-r
Sep 24th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I wonder if any mod will pipe in with some explanation for the slowness at ehmac???

Or maybe at least some acknowledgement that they are looking into and trying to fix things.

It's pretty bad Mods!!!

pm-r
Sep 24th, 2013, 11:47 AM
great. Then perhaps people can post in peace without you jumping all over them with personal attacks.

?????????????.

Reference?????

VSAdmin
Sep 24th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Hey guys,

I am not noticing an issue with the speed of the site but I will report it up the latter for someone to look into.

- dm, community support

groovetube
Sep 24th, 2013, 12:05 PM
?????????????.

Reference?????

alternative energy thread, and then he brought into the shang, where it's to be peaceful. (this morning, clearly in reference to me) My post was just echoing what he has been doing to me. His two buddies follow around jumping in as well. If it gets ugly, well so be it. It won't be because of me that's for sure.

Just can't help himself as usual. Why do you think so many good members are gone?

Macfury
Sep 24th, 2013, 12:10 PM
?????????????.

Reference?????

Pay no attention. That campaign is being taken all over EhMac.

groovetube
Sep 24th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Everytime I post ^^ it follows me around obsessively.

It must be enraged about something I guess.

pm-r
Sep 24th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Pay no attention. That campaign is being taken all over EhMac.

OK, but having grown up in a small community on James Island, it was usual to just ignore such bickering stuff that never accomplished anything anyway.

I guess I'm still ignoring such posts and I won't learn anything from them I doubt.

Macfury
Sep 24th, 2013, 01:29 PM
OK, but having grown up in a small community on James Island, it was usual to just ignore such bickering stuff that never accomplished anything anyway.

I guess I'm still ignoring such posts and I won't learn anything from them I doubt.

I think that's good advice. When you get to the heart of it, it's dull as dishwater.

screature
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:26 PM
alternative energy thread, and then he brought into the shang, where it's to be peaceful. (this morning, clearly in reference to me) My post was just echoing what he has been doing to me. His two buddies follow around jumping in as well. If it gets ugly, well so be it. It won't be because of me that's for sure.

Just can't help himself as usual. Why do you think so many good members are gone?

At least he has buddies.

Look in the mirror dude... look in the mirror.

groovetube
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:29 PM
At least he has buddies.

Look in the mirror dude... look in the mirror.

really? Do you see me pulling his personal life into an argument like those 3 do to others?

screature
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:35 PM
really? Do you see me pulling his personal life into an argument like those 3 do to others?

The way I see it there are plenty of people here (less and less all the time ;) )who "like to follow others around" and engage with them for better or worse and I certainly know there are 3 fingers pointing back at me when I say that.

I'm not quite sure what you are referring to there, but at this point there is so much "bad blood" almost everything is personal.

Macfury
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:47 PM
In fact, I recall a certain someone trying to get SINC's signature expunged from his posts for no good reason. Nothing personal? Right.

groovetube
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:53 PM
The way I see it there are plenty of people here (less and less all the time ;) )who "like to follow others around" and engage with them for better or worse and I certainly know there are 3 fingers pointing back at me when I say that.

I'm not quite sure what you are referring to there, but at this point there is so much "bad blood" almost everything is personal.

I don't disagree screature. But I'm tired of sinc and the others constantly ripping my personal life details into the argument as a way to discredit me like here yesterday: https://www.ehmac.ca/everything-else-eh/71155-alternative-energy-sources-66.html#post1444713 then screaming victim if I point out that despite their pleas for more civility around here, they're the ones being jerks. Let's remember who constantly calls others dope smokers if anyone dares discuss legalizing pot. And publically too. What sort of person does this? And since has now brought it into the shang, just can't help himself! All because he doesn't like my post, even if it is, on topic. They seem incapable of staying within the topic, and leaving people's personal lives out of it.

I don't like their posts either, but I put macfury and FeXL on ignore. Permanently.

I'm happy to continue, just without the personal attacks pulling people's personal lives into it. There's simply no excuse for that.

VSAdmin
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM
hey guys,

This forum is for site issues only. I understand that you started conversing here but it makes it hard to find information relating to the issue when I have to go through a bunch a friendly chatter. Please refrain from posting in this thread unless it is about the issue at hand.

Thank you
- dm, community support

Macfury
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I recommend that anybody who doesn't want their personal lives discussed in a public forum should not share details of their personal lives that they don't want discussed in a public forum.

screature
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:29 PM
hey guys,

This forum is for site issues only. I understand that you started conversing here but it makes it hard to find information relating to the issue when I have to go through a bunch a friendly chatter. Please refrain from posting in this thread unless it is about the issue at hand.

Thank you
- dm, community support

Thanks Mo. Of course you are right we don't need to air our dirty laundry in every thread do we...

Perhaps we need a "Dirty Laundry" thread. Anyone?

screature
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I recommend that anybody who doesn't want their personal lives discussed in a public forum should not share details of their personal lives that they don't want discussed in a public forum.

Well it is pretty hard to argue against that logic.

Macfury
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:37 PM
hey guys,

Thank you
- dm, community support

Please delete my posts here, Mo.

VSAdmin
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I'm not upset about you posting about yourselves, friendships, your life. I just ask that we refrain from these posts in threads about site issue. I'll keep your posts up so that you don't lose post counts.

Ok from my post onward only talking about posting erratic post delays in this thread.

Have a great day guys

- dm, community support

groovetube
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Well it is pretty hard to argue against that logic.

That's just bull. Sharing what you do here doesn't give people license to drag it out against you, that's just childish. No forums allow that, because people end up leaving if you allow it. Sorta like what has occurred here...

Sorry Mo, it broke out here, as it will likely many times in other areas until people grow up and stop ripping people's personal lives on this forum because they are too childish to converse like adults without that sort of nonsense.

screature
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:49 PM
That's just bull. Sharing what you do here doesn't give people license to drag it out against you, that's just childish. No forums allow that, because people end up leaving if you allow it. Sorta like what has occurred here...

Sorry Mo, it broke out here, as it will likely many times in other areas until people grow up and stop ripping people's personal lives on this forum because they are too childish to converse like adults without that sort of nonsense.

Actually it is pretty logical IMO... Don't tell people, who you don't know, things that they might try and discredit you with or might hold against you... seems quite sound to me, logically speaking and/or speaking logically.

groovetube
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:52 PM
sorry to hold this thread once more, but, to answer screature, I shared those things back when those sorts of personal attacks were not allowed. Now it seems they are, so either one ignores the scummery of this, or gets right down there and fights back.

I've never been known to back down, so it should get more interesting. If this sort of thing is allowed, I will push back. Hard.

screature
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:57 PM
sorry to hold this thread once more, but, to answer screature, I shared those things back when those sorts of personal attacks were not allowed. Now it seems they are, so either one ignores the scummery of this, or gets right down there and fights back.

I've never been known to back down, so it should get more interesting. If this sort of thing is allowed, I will push back. Hard.

Sorry gt I really don't know what your point of reference is re: "scummery" but your statement:

seems like it is not coming from one who is reformed... it actually sounds like some sort of threat.

screature
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I'm not upset about you posting about yourselves, friendships, your life. I just ask that we refrain from these posts in threads about site issue. I'll keep your posts up so that you don't lose post counts.

Ok from my post onward only talking about posting erratic post delays in this thread.

Have a great day guys

- dm, community support

Love the avatar, it's really good.

I bet you guys didn't know what you were getting in for when you bought this place... But then again.... you probably did as you have probably bought a multitude of others similar to this one. ;)

groovetube
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Sorry gt I really don't know what your point of reference is re: "scummery" but your statement:

seems like it is not coming from one who is reformed... it actually sounds like some sort of threat.

Happy to be reformed. But I won't take personal attacks sitting down. It's up to them.

screature
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Happy to be reformed. But I won't take personal attacks sitting down. It's up to them.

Well I guess it all comes down to what one considers "personal" then doesn't it?

Like I alluded to before, at this point there there is so much bad blood it is really hard to differentiate between what is personal and what is not.

pm-r
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:27 PM

Have a great day guys

- dm, community support

Say a Moderator, ....

Maybe you could move these off topic posts to another forum and leave this one open for what it was intended????

Like posting when ehmac really slows down to a slow crawl at best.

johnp
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Nice to see and experience the site working "up-to-par" once again (knock on wood!!).

pm-r
Sep 25th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Nice to see and experience the site working "up-to-par" once again (knock on wood!!).

Yes.

It seems to be, and hopefully stays that way.

VSAdmin
Sep 26th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Please keep us in the loop if the delays come back. Thanks.

~ Alan, Community support

Aurora
Oct 2nd, 2013, 02:42 PM
The delays are here and it is continuous. It is even slow logging on to EhMac let alone posting in forums. I know it is not my internet connection as all other sites are fast.

VSAdmin
Oct 5th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Hi Aurora, I escalated your report for you. Are you still having this delay issue?

Please let me know.

Regards,
CG- Community Support

johnp
Oct 6th, 2013, 08:06 PM
... a real 'mixed bag' today ... for me, easy to sign on, but significant delays in trying to get a post to post to some Forums (like The Shang, etc.).

pm-r
Oct 6th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Same thing for me here today, very temperamental.

Sometimes OK, at other times super slow. Especially with some of the Everything Else threads.

It seems to be a bit better here now, 4:45PDT, touch wood.

SINC
Oct 6th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Dead slow today again.

groovetube
Oct 6th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Yep, just tried posting in the Shang and almost gave up.

Aurora
Oct 6th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Hi Aurora, I escalated your report for you. Are you still having this delay issue?

Please let me know.

Regards,
CG- Community Support

Yes. It's a real pain here now.

SINC
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Post this morning took 1:28 to upload. Not even usable at that speed.

eMacMan
Oct 7th, 2013, 01:33 PM
It's back today with a vengeance. Talking painful even on relatively short threads.

I see that the new owners use Go-Daddy. Not sure if it's related or not.

groovetube
Oct 7th, 2013, 01:42 PM
It's back today with a vengeance. Talking painful even on relatively short threads.

I see that the new owners use Go-Daddy. Not sure if it's related or not.

no

pm-r
Oct 7th, 2013, 01:44 PM
The same super slowness here and it's almost unusable!!!!

Over 60 seconds to get one short post to go. Some others just a bit shorter, and about the same amount of time just to get a thread to load!!!

Something's sure goofed up and not working properly or even close.

johnp
Oct 7th, 2013, 03:16 PM
The same super slowness here and it's almost unusable!!!!

Over 60 seconds to get one short post to go. Some others just a bit shorter, and about the same amount of time just to get a thread to load!!!

Something's sure goofed up and not working properly or even close.
It was worse here when I posted, and tried to post earlier today. Will see how this post goes, if the same, I'm out of here for a while, until the site improves or or dies.

VSAdmin
Oct 7th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Hi everyone, thank you for the reports. The tech is looking into it and I'll keep you guys updated as soon as I get more info. If Whenever you get the chance, please post here what browser you guys using and if there's a certain approx time when you experience the slowness on the site?

Sorry for any inconvenience.

CG - Community Support

SINC
Oct 7th, 2013, 06:09 PM
For the record, I always use Safari, latest version on Mountain Lion, latest version. Mac all the way. ;)

EDIT:That short post above took 1:54 to load using quick post. Just ridiculous.

Aurora
Oct 7th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Hi.
I use Safari and the site is unusable. Not only is it slow but the red new posts button is erratic. It rarely works on the Mac, iOS, or troubleshooting boards. Not that it matters much. I just go by the date as the new threads are almost non existent. Also, as far as the red new post buttons go, in the Everything Else thread, (the only one with any movement) I can read all the posts and get rid of the red button and if I return in half an hour, the red buttons are back as if I had never been there before. All in all, ehMac is turning into a slow, lumbering piece of crap. No wonder people are leaving in droves. I wonder why I bother to look in but there are a few people that I like.
Rob

pm-r
Oct 7th, 2013, 08:40 PM
It's now worse at some forums and has been for several hours now. Now 4:30 PDT.

IOS 7 w/ Safari.

Can't even get a page to load now to post to:
https://www.ehmac.ca/everything-else-eh/19434-newpost-shangri-la-clubhouse.html

Some forums will open sometimes and slowly. Sometimes!!!

Almost useless.

Macfury
Oct 8th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Same here. One to two minutes to post. Also, the database is off. The listing of the last message posted on the main page is often many hours behind.

Edit: 32 seconds to post.

Kazak
Oct 8th, 2013, 12:13 PM
+1 on the database problem mentioned above.

SINC
Oct 8th, 2013, 12:43 PM
They've had days to address this issue. Surely they have some IT people who are capable?

pm-r
Oct 8th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Still can't post to the specific forum today, 8:45 PDT and eventually get a data page error.

I haven't seen ehmac this bad for so long that I can remember. Painful to try using and a waste of time when a post goes poof nowhere!!!

VSAdmin
Oct 8th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks for letting us know guy. I'm noticing the site is running a bit slower for me too. I am this to CG so he can work with the techs on the issue.

- dm, community support

groovetube
Oct 8th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Seems a big problem that never goes away.

Just not enough server resources to go around. I bet this place is a bit of a hog in that regard. Getting tons of database errors, server not responding, and full minute posting.

Seems the database resources just aren't there.

Aurora
Oct 9th, 2013, 11:18 AM
The site is much faster today but the red 'new post' buttons are gone completely.
edit: just saw one in Everything Else.

VSAdmin
Oct 9th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the info Aurora.

Hi everyone, please let me know how it's running today? We were having some issues with that db cluster this site is on which may be causing the slowness issue and it was fixed last night. Please let me know. :)

Thanks,
CG - Community Support

pm-r
Oct 9th, 2013, 01:27 PM
It seems to be running properly and without delays or errors this am, 9:20am PDT.

Hopefully it stays that way.

FeXL
Oct 10th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Hanging up on r1.ace.advertising.com, 15-30 seconds at a time.

VSAdmin
Oct 11th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I have asked an IT guy to look at this thread. It is thanksgiving this weekend so they may not get to it asap.

SINC
Oct 18th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Same old issue has started again today. Just dreadful post times once again.

Aurora
Oct 18th, 2013, 10:45 AM
I have to agree with Sinc. Also, the red "new post" buttons are erratic.

pm-r
Oct 18th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Yup, access and posting has slowed down to an almost unusable crawl here and it started it's downward spiral yesterday, both at the Shang and the weather forums especially bad in the Everything Else list. 9:00am PDT.

groovetube
Oct 18th, 2013, 02:49 PM
The delays are definitely back.

VSAdmin
Oct 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM
We are getting our tech team to investigate on this issue. When the page load is slow or delay post occurs, please post here the time, date and browser used.

We can try to find a relative pattern to when and why this is occurring.

Regards,

MD

VSAdmin
Oct 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM
BTW I was able to post this reply with no delays, using FireFox.

Regards,

MD

pm-r
Oct 21st, 2013, 01:03 PM
I just thought I'd mention that the site seems to have been working properly for the last few days, at least for me.

It was terrible on the 18th, and for most of the day.