12g.Ram
2 x 250mb striped raid 0
3 x 6600 graphic cards
superdrive
bluetooth + airport
No issues.

I need a Intel Mac Pro.

Anyone have anything interesting?

Prefer in the Montreal area, but will discuss swap shipping.

Let me know and thanks

JKD
Apr 19th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Ideas, anyone?

Dr_AL
Apr 20th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Just speaking my two cents but I'm not sure if anybody would trade an intel Mac Pro for a PowerMac G5.

I think you would have more luck selling the PowerMac and then buying a used Mac Pro.

Sent from my iPhone

johnnydee
Apr 20th, 2013, 09:11 AM
You might try macdoc?

Macfury
Apr 20th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I agree with Dr. Al. Finding someone who wants to trade down will be darned near impossible. I've seen first gen MacPro boxes going for as low as $500 on craigslist, but there's no way anybody will pay $500 for the G5. Sell the G5 for whatever you can, then use it toward your Pro.

JKD
Apr 23rd, 2013, 11:34 PM
Thanks boys.

I was thinking for those who still need/desire legacy horsepower, that this beast would be of use. Maybe your right and that time has passed.

I'll keep the listing here for a bit then go the sell route.

eMacMan
Apr 24th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Sadly Apple never really developed an OS that came any where close to taking full advantage of the G5 capabilities. Ditto for developers such as Adobe.

That leaves these old Power Macs more or less out in the cold as Apple's bastard child. A status they share with the early 32-bit MacIntels.

Best hope is to find somebody using software and/or hardware-peripherals that are very expensive to upgrade and whose own box is dead or dying.

Even then this once great machine is awfully close to becoming Beer-ware.

pm-r
Apr 25th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Hi,

I have the top model quad G5 2.5
12g.Ram
2 x 250mb striped raid 0
3 x 6600 graphic cards
superdrive
bluetooth + airport
No issues.

I need a Intel Mac Pro.

Anyone have anything interesting?

Prefer in the Montreal area, but will discuss swap shipping.

Let me know and thanks

There's no way in hell that anyone with any brains would do such a "trade" without a substantial amount of cash compensation from you for the difference in value between such Mac models.

A bit of a price reality check needed here. ;)

kelman
Apr 25th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks boys.

I was thinking for those who still need/desire legacy horsepower, that this beast would be of use. Maybe your right and that time has passed.

I'll keep the listing here for a bit then go the sell route.

My two cents, sell it now and forget the trade listing here unless you turn this listing into sell and not trade. As mentioned it will never happen.

JKD
Apr 25th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Sadly Apple never really developed an OS that came any where close to taking full advantage of the G5 capabilities. Ditto for developers such as Adobe.

That leaves these old Power Macs more or less out in the cold as Apple's bastard child. A status they share with the early 32-bit MacIntels.

Best hope is to find somebody using software and/or hardware-peripherals that are very expensive to upgrade and whose own box is dead or dying.

Even then this once great machine is awfully close to becoming Beer-ware.

Yup that was the idea.

Thought it may be useful for those running older ProTools or other softs that require substantial peripheral hardware upgrades as well, for those that have multiple machine setups - recording/film studios that have a "b" room, where they would be upgrading the main 64bit machine.

I know it is a longshot, but hey, I'm in no hurry and if there is a community of people that were in-touch... that's why we're here eh?

(And of course I know there would be cash on my end. Been a Mac user since 85 guys, I'm not looking for miracles, just looking to see if it would be of use).