: Wanted To Buy Box for 15" unibody macbook pro

i-rui
Apr 4th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I'm looking for the box for a 15" unibody macbook pro.

doesn't have to be a specific model or year, as long as it'll fit a 15" MBP.

my current MBP is acting up again - this is after 3 logic board changes under applecare. I'm going to push for a replacement from apple, and with previous experience i know it's an easier procedure if i have a box so it can be sent back to apple.

Obviously not looking to pay a lot. Hoping someone has one lying around in storage that they don't really need.

I'm in the toronto area.

John Clay
Apr 4th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I'm looking for the box for a 15" unibody macbook pro.

doesn't have to be a specific model or year, as long as it'll fit a 15" MBP.

my current MBP is acting up again - this is after 3 logic board changes under applecare. I'm going to push for a replacement from apple, and with previous experience i know it's an easier procedure if i have a box so it can be sent back to apple.

Obviously not looking to pay a lot. Hoping someone has one lying around in storage that they don't really need.

I'm in the toronto area.

I don't have a box, but when you call to push for a replacement, you can request it be done through the local Apple Store. That's how my last iMac was replaced - I just walked in with the old one, walked out with the new one (in its own box).

i-rui
Apr 4th, 2013, 02:24 PM
a few years ago i had a similar problem with a MBP and when Apple agreed to give me the replacement they said i needed the box to return it. i didn't have the box so they allowed me to go to an apple store and do the exchange there, EXCEPT they kept the new box for my old MBP so it could be sent back to apple (so i walked out with a new computer without the box).

I'd like a box this time as i might push for a retina mbp (and pay the difference) or maybe even a 17" mbp (which would be through the refurb store, which mean i couldn't pick up at the store)