: Wanted To Buy PowerBook G4

bse5150
Feb 13th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Looking to buy a PowerBook G4 in good condition. Will pay reasonable price.

Located in St Thomas, Ontario.

Macfury
Feb 13th, 2013, 01:05 PM
It will help to tell people where you're located.

FeXL
Feb 13th, 2013, 02:02 PM
What Macfury said.

Have a 17" Powerbook G4, 1.67/2GB/100MB/Superdrive, OS 10.4.11, purchased in Feb 2005. I may be persuaded to part with it.

Link to specs. (http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g4/specs/powerbook_g4_1.67_17.html)

Located southern Alberta.

bse5150
Feb 13th, 2013, 03:32 PM
I was looking for something a bit smaller and lighter.

nice&easy, mac&cheesey
Feb 26th, 2013, 02:08 AM
I have a PowerBook G4 that I may be able to part with. Specs:
12", 1.5GHz, 1.25GB RAM, 60GB HDD

Screen is good. A little faded but no issues otherwise.
The DVD drive doesn't work but I purchased a replacement drive. I have the replacement but haven't installed it. That would come with the machine.
Also, for some reason, when it boots up every once in a while you can't control the volume. A reboot fixes this.

I bought this a while ago from a guy on eBay. I have the box for it but I'm not sure what else is in the box (manuals, discs, etc). There may be nothing other than the box.

Now the good parts... The computer is in perfect physical condition. It's in amazing shape. Also, when I bought the PowerBook I also purchased a new battery direct from Apple for it. It has very few cycles on it. Also, if memory serves me correctly, this is the highest spec'ed 12" PowerBook that was available.

It's a great little computer and a perfect size. I love this thing, which is why I probably haven't sold it already. However, truth be told, I never use it. I rarely ever used it. So it's a bit of a waste to have it sit in my desk drawer appreciated but unused.

I'm not far from you and can meet up if you're interested.

Take care,
n&e, m&c