: Wanted To Buy Need a non-unibody mbp in great working condition

ciaochiao
Feb 8th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Wanted: MBP NON-unibody: 2.4 Ghz and up. Early 2008 Penryns, not SR please, Outside cosmetics not overly important. Sound inner system a must. Reasonably priced only. Thanks very much!

Ciaochiao

ciaochiao
Mar 2nd, 2013, 05:22 AM
Hi Everyone:

This will sound like an echo of my earlier post regarding a 2008 mac book.

I still can't believe that Toronto is this 'dry' on 2008 MBPs!?!?!?

I'm still looking. If anyone has a better idea as to how I can find one, PLEASE set me know!

Thanks in advance, for any responses!

Ciaochiao

GlassOnion
Mar 3rd, 2013, 02:59 AM
You should be aware that the 2007/2008 alu MBPs have a well documented problem with the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphic card. You should check for the first unibody MBP (late 2008) and as a bonus you'll get the LED screen.

ciaochiao
Mar 3rd, 2013, 06:19 AM
Hi GO:

Thanks for the info. My desire to get the non-unibody is the fact that I can easily access the internals to change/upgrade memory, hd, etc. That's the only reason I've advertised for that model. Have you news that allows me to upgrade the unibody without having to take it to a mac dealer in order to upgrade certain components? Also, do you have a non-ub mbp or macbook for sale? What about the unibody you've suggested? If you do, please pm me with your availability into.

Thanks again!
CC

Isight
Mar 3rd, 2013, 11:18 AM
The uni bodies are far easier to upgrade than the non uni bodies. The old macbook pros are a pain to take apart. Believe me I have done a few in my time...

Cheers

i-rui
Mar 3rd, 2013, 11:41 AM
The uni bodies are far easier to upgrade than the non uni bodies. The old macbook pros are a pain to take apart. Believe me I have done a few in my time...

Cheers

+1

The ram isn't hard to upgrade on the pre-unibody models, but everything else is much more of a pain.

Macified
Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:31 PM
I have a pre-unibody MBP 2.2 with 4GB of RAM and a 500GB HD. I'm due for an upgrade and will consider selling for the right price.

Has some of the usual dents and dings found on these models but runs well and everything works properly (wifi, bluetooth, keyboard lighting, no dead pixels, etc). Currently running 10.6.8

PM me and we can see if a deal works out.

EDIT - Thought I had a 1TB drive installed but it's 500GB.