: LTE speed comparison between Rogers and Bell?

yalag
Sep 26th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Any recommendation or advise for LTE speeds between Bell/Virgin/Telus and Rogers? Which of the two is the better one?

I actually just switched from Rogers to Bell and tested both on my iPhone 5. Is it my imagination? But Rogers seems much better. Bell kept kicking me back to 3G.

There's also users saying that it's actually a known issue right now on the Bell network, although this is unofficial and unconfirmed. Any ideas?

Should I switch back to Rogers? Oh man, this is sooooo much hassle. Just trying to get some good LTE coverage. And I live in North York (Toronto) so it's not like I'm in some remote place.

ldphoto
Sep 26th, 2012, 11:48 PM
I've had my iPad 3 on Bell LTE since May, and it's been pretty fast when I'm in an LTE area (unfortunately, I have no LTE coverage at home or at work). 25-30 Mbps was common.

My new iPhone is on Virgin, which should be the same network. I haven't seen more than 15 mbps on the iPhone though. I haven't had the iPad and iPhone with me at the same time to compare. Perhaps it's just that the network is getting more loaded than it was earlier in summer. 3G is pretty darn fast though, often getting close to 10 mbps, whic is pretty good in itself.

Mrsam
Sep 27th, 2012, 12:14 AM
I get between 30-40Mbps on my iPad and iPhone in downtown Toronto on Rogers.

Benito
Sep 27th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I get between 30-40Mbps on my iPad and iPhone in downtown Toronto on Rogers.

I wish I did, I never get more than about 18.

Seagull21
Sep 27th, 2012, 07:00 PM
On Rogers, I get nearly 50 in North York, 20 downtown.