: For Sale Apple LCD Cinema Display 20" PLUS ACD display adapter!

HowEver
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:17 PM
For sale, pictures to follow:

20" Apple Cinema Display.

ACD Display Adapter--very rare and hard to find... possibly worth as much as the display now.

Both in great condition.

$350 for both. Will not be splitting the sale. Lowball offers will be ignored.

In person only, in Toronto area only, no trades.

G-Mo
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Good luck!

pm-r
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Hmmm... I still have a smaller size Apple Cinema (Studio??) Display and some sort of an ACD Display Adapter in the basement but maybe not exactly the same adapter, but I don't think that I could even give them away these days and they were used until earlier this year with a G4 MDD that we 'retired', but still sitting under my wife's desk.

EDIT: My apologies and no intention of undermining the proposed sale, but it seems that the adapter I was using was just a cheap and different type than the expensive and elaborate Apple one, no doubt the M8661LL/B adapter. Sorry.

HowEver
Sep 9th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Thanks pm-r. I'll try to get pictures up to show the exact adapter. They still go for $100-$200 on eBay, for example. Pretty rare. When I had two of these monitors, I looked for a second one, to buy locally, and gave up after six months, just wound up selling the other display.

pm-r
Sep 9th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Maybe like these for the Apple M8661LL/B adapter??

I'm thinking that is the still expensive Apple adapter and sometimes mandatory adapter that you have.

And yes and sometimes a necessary and a rather expensive Apple only propriety type adapter. But there are sometimes other alternatives available, like using a more normal and compatible display with other display ports.

But I bypassed any need for such an adapter with our now semi-retired MDD dual-boot Mac that had the Apple ADC connector, as did a later higher end graphics card I later sold via the ehMac classifieds a year or so ago, and maybe three years ago now. Time goes by so fast and so many changes it makes my old brain spin at times...

EDIT: I forgot to add the second image.

And good lick with your sale.