: after a week long battle, Rogers caved

macintosh doctor
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:30 PM
So I finally got a win in my corner..
It was that time of year for us to renegotiate our cable/net/2 wireless lines..

Long story short without getting into it.. after 1.5 weeks and 10 different people from retentions and CSR departments i got what I wanted $100 off without losing any services..

My internet is 28/1 120GB bandwidth ( free modem )

My TV services:
VIP ULTIMATE/MOVIE PKG, NETBOX HDPVR, HDTV TERMINAL X2, 3 HDTV CHANNEL PAKS, HDTV SPECIALTY PACKS [ NEWS, MOVIES, TMN, HBO,SHOWCASE ETC ]

MY 2 IPHONES - WIFE AND MYSELF
400MINS ANY TIME, FREE UNLIMITED INCOMING MINS, FREE AFTER 6PM, FREE WEEKENDS
FREE TXTING, FREE INTERNATIONAL TXTING, 100MINS LONG DISTANCE FREE, 6GB DATA,
FREE IPHONE VALUE PACK, CALL DISPLAY, CALL WAITING, CALL FORWARDING
CALL TRANSFER - PLUS LOYALTY DISCOUNTS

GOT IT ALL FOR $295 TAX IN.. ( SAVINGS OVER $200 PER MONTH )

had to sign a contract for 2 yrs on the cable and internet
but the wireless side i remain contract free
Yippe..
I feel like a CAW union member who held on and got what he wanted..

Good luck to the others..[ i almost gave up and went to teksavvy and cancelled everything.]

Dr.G.
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:48 PM
Good for you!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

imnothng
Aug 22nd, 2012, 07:21 AM
Rogers may have "caved", but they still won.

a7mc
Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:57 AM
Rogers may have "caved", but they still won.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I had Rogers tv/internet for free for a year (promo from buying a new house). The contract ends next week. With my two data phones (one iPhone, one Windows Phone), the total for all this would have been just over $350 a month. Rogers wouldn't go any lower than 20% off to "retain me" ($280+). Even without cable they wanted $190, with their stupid low bandwidth caps. I cancelled Rogers, went to Teksavvy and now I'm paying $146. With an AppleTV and a BoxeeBox, I can watch whatever I want anyway, and have all the bandwidth I need.

Every situation is different, but for me it was a no-brainer. Of course, now I'm getting 3 calls a day from f'n Rogers trying to win me back. Yeah... harassing me is really going to win me over. Morons.

A7

macintosh doctor
Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:42 PM
we both won.. I researched and had no interest in OTA or boxee..at this time.. Also
i have figure as you said.. possible switch to teksavvy etc..

all in $295 with taxes is a deal.. at this time.
if I were to break it up.. I could possibly save another $50 but no more if I did OTA, teksavvy ...
like i posted you have to have patience and be forceful to get what you want..
I wanted $100 per month and have the same services plus a free modem and I got it..