: "Purchased" Movies category removed in Canada?

Leprechaune
Aug 2nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Seriously, if this is not just a temporary thing I'll be looking for a group to join in class action suit. Since the purchased movies category implementation I've had no reason for my 8TB or hard drives so I wiped them and sold them leaving me with NO access to any of my movies now that it's removed!

Is it just me?

Macified
Aug 2nd, 2012, 10:30 AM
Makes sense to me to keep a copy locally anyway. With crappy bandwidth caps, I'd rather download once and store it myself. Use the re-download option only when I don't have access to my own server.

It's probably a temporary dissappearance anyway.

Leprechaune
Aug 2nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
HD still only takes 10 - 15min to buffer (and that's on crappy local telecom DSL) so I was happy with the service. I'm a major advocate of iTunes and Apple TV so it takes a lot to get me angry about something related to it. I hope it's just temporarily down but they never release any info on what is going on so who knows?

monokitty
Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:05 AM
I still have my 'Movies' tab under Purchases, with most of my movies still there to re-download. FWIW.

Leprechaune
Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Yeah, just came back up a minute ago... I get all up in arms when my Apple eco system isn't as it should be. :)

All's good now

PosterBoy
Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:35 AM
Um, this was only just added to iTunes in Canada, I doubt it would disappear (and it hasn't for me).

Still not sure why you would delete your local copies though, especially if you have 8TB of storage. Way faster to manage them on your devices (and doesn't affect your bandwidth usage when you want to watch them).

Leprechaune
Aug 2nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
6TB of it was in my Mac Pro which I wanted to sell while I could still get a good resale value for it, so being down to 2TB I had to pick and choose what to keep. Since Apple was offering to provide all my movies and TV on demand I let em do it. I don't pay extra for bandwidth used so why not? 10 minutes to buffer is what it takes me to get my snacks together anyhow and still far better than running to a video store. No complaints here now that it's back up... and it WAS down.

PosterBoy
Aug 3rd, 2012, 05:09 AM
Fair enough. Maybe the answer is a big ol' external drive.