New Apple Over-Ear Headphones - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 12:19 PM   #1
Honourable Citizen
 
CubaMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 17,885
Send a message via AIM to CubaMark
New Apple Over-Ear Headphones

Apple announces $549 over-ear headphones, the AirPods Max



(TechCrunch)
__________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Cuban Revolution as Socialist Human Development Brill Books (Amazon Paperback)
CubaMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 12:51 PM   #2
Honourable Citizen
 
polywog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Orleans, On
Posts: 1,645
That's the USD price I think. Either way, quite the deal!
polywog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 01:21 PM   #3
Full Citizen
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mill Bay, BC
Posts: 565
Meh!

Insane price but will probably sell out in an instant.
18m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 01:46 PM   #4
Honourable Citizen
 
wonderings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 5,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18m2 View Post
Meh!

Insane price but will probably sell out in an instant.
A friend mentioned that he read they were close to selling out most colours and being back ordered well into 2021.... all without reviews, just advertising.

What a job Apple is doing changing the world! They should be considered a charity.
__________________
“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.” Bishop Desmond Tutu
wonderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 01:59 PM   #5
Honourable Citizen
 
polywog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Orleans, On
Posts: 1,645
To be fair, has there been any point in the past 20 years where apple has revealed something new and expensive, that everyone poo-pooed for being too expensive/doing too little? How often have we been completely wrong? These might be stellar, and they might be "pro" targeted.
polywog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 03:56 PM   #6
Honourable Citizen
 
wonderings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 5,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by polywog View Post
To be fair, has there been any point in the past 20 years where apple has revealed something new and expensive, that everyone poo-pooed for being too expensive/doing too little? How often have we been completely wrong? These might be stellar, and they might be "pro" targeted.
I think so, I think with the G4/G5 towers, even the MacBook Pros for a while had upgradeability options the user could do. You could buy a hard drive, swap it out yourself, change the RAM and in the towers they made it super easy to expand with non propriety parts. Being able to do all with stuff you can buy at any computer store makes swallowing the high price of an Apple computer that much easier to bare.
__________________
“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.” Bishop Desmond Tutu
wonderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2020, 06:12 PM   #7
Honourable Citizen
 
greensuperman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
A friend mentioned that he read they were close to selling out most colours and being back ordered well into 2021.... all without reviews, just advertising.

What a job Apple is doing changing the world! They should be considered a charity.
Of course we also don't know how many they had made, although reports say not very many at all. Supposedly they were also supposed have a cheaper version launched alongside these ones that directly compete with the popular Bose and Sony models on price, hopefully those still come one day.
greensuperman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2020, 09:04 PM   #8
Honourable Citizen
 
HowEver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: GTEh
Posts: 15,708
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Apple made millions of these available on launch day.

Good like finding them for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensuperman32 View Post
Of course we also don't know how many they had made, although reports say not very many at all. Supposedly they were also supposed have a cheaper version launched alongside these ones that directly compete with the popular Bose and Sony models on price, hopefully those still come one day.
__________________
For sale: black iPod Classic 160GB

Morgan Figueiredo / Fleming = Scammer He's "The G3 Man" here on ehMac.

HowEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 1999 - 2012, ehMac.ca All rights reserved. ehMac is not affiliated with Apple Inc. Mac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

Tribe.ca: Urban living in Toronto!