Is this the new Mac Pro? - Page 3 - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2019, 04:56 PM   #21
Full Citizen
 
CRAZYBUBBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 50
Im in love with the edge to edge display!
Now just to figure out how to pay for it
__________________
Vintage Clothing!
CRAZYBUBBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 21st, 2019, 01:56 PM   #22
Honourable Citizen
 
wonderings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYBUBBA View Post
Im in love with the edge to edge display!
Now just to figure out how to pay for it
Don't think I would call that edge to edge. Bezels are getting very thin and while that still looks a million times better then the big thick bezels on all Apple devices it could still be thinner.

I can't wait till the bezel is completely gone.
__________________
If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality. Bishop Desmond Tutu
wonderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 02:58 PM   #23
Honourable Citizen
 
pm-r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Brentwood Bay BC
Posts: 14,045
Quote:
I can't wait till the bezel is completely gone.

Isn't that odd. In all my 30 years of computing, I don't think I have ever considered the display bezel on any display monitor I have ever used.

Removing he bezel completely would be like looking at a picture on a wall without a picture frame which looks really strange to me. At least for normal pictures.

I can't even think of a good reason of why they have super thin or planned or even considerd no bezels.



- Patrick
======
pm-r is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old May 21st, 2019, 03:46 PM   #24
Honourable Citizen
 
wonderings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
Isn't that odd. In all my 30 years of computing, I don't think I have ever considered the display bezel on any display monitor I have ever used.

Removing he bezel completely would be like looking at a picture on a wall without a picture frame which looks really strange to me. At least for normal pictures.

I can't even think of a good reason of why they have super thin or planned or even considerd no bezels.



- Patrick
======
Well you get a bigger screen with a smaller footprint for one. It is obviously a preference thing, I think the idea of a floating picture looks much cleaner. When I look at my 27" 5k iMac the screen is brilliant, but it could be bigger while occupying the same foot print by using that 1" all the way around for more screen realestate.
__________________
If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality. Bishop Desmond Tutu
wonderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 04:16 PM   #25
Honourable Citizen
 
pm-r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Brentwood Bay BC
Posts: 14,045
Quote:
When I look at my 27" 5k iMac the screen is brilliant, but it could be bigger while occupying the same foot print by using that 1" all the way around for more screen realestate.

LOL... Then you would have a 30 inch display monitor!!!

Maybe you should consider using one of these??? ;-)
https://puregaming.net/best-thin-bezel-monitors/



- Patrick
======
pm-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 04:18 PM   #26
Honourable Citizen
 
wonderings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
LOL... Then you would have a 30 inch display monitor!!!

Maybe you should consider using one of these??? ;-)
https://puregaming.net/best-thin-bezel-monitors/



- Patrick
======
Yes, in the same form factor as the 27" screen of the iMac. I work in design so the more space is always best, especially if I can view jobs at 100% on the screen.
__________________
If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality. Bishop Desmond Tutu
wonderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 05:30 PM   #27
Honourable Citizen
 
pm-r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Brentwood Bay BC
Posts: 14,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
Yes, in the same form factor as the 27" screen of the iMac. I work in design so the more space is always best, especially if I can view jobs at 100% on the screen.

A good display workspace is always good, and even though I'm not working with graphics or design, but with my aging eyes, I would consider proper high resolution even more important,

And in that department, and maybe considering the bezel size when looking at various display monitors, I'm really surprised that too often, the resolution isn't even stated.

I cannot imagine any normal user purchasing a display monitor that doesn't have its resolution specifications provided, even if it does say HD or superthin bezel.

Even my mid-2011 27" iMac just meets my clarity needs when running at 2560 x 1440 resolution. And even if the glass does go edge to edge, the surrounding shiny black one inch border doesn't really bother me. Actually I've never really even noticed it.


- Patrick
======
pm-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 11:46 PM   #28
Honourable Citizen
 
hexdiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,392
Quote:
but with my aging eyes, I would consider proper high resolution even more important,
My eyes are aging rapidly too, Patrick. But I find a lower resolution/ lower dot pitch more pleasant these days.

Texts get smaller and smaller as resolution increases.
__________________
Recycle the planet!
hexdiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 10:13 AM   #29
Honourable Citizen
 
wonderings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
A good display workspace is always good, and even though I'm not working with graphics or design, but with my aging eyes, I would consider proper high resolution even more important,

And in that department, and maybe considering the bezel size when looking at various display monitors, I'm really surprised that too often, the resolution isn't even stated.

I cannot imagine any normal user purchasing a display monitor that doesn't have its resolution specifications provided, even if it does say HD or superthin bezel.

Even my mid-2011 27" iMac just meets my clarity needs when running at 2560 x 1440 resolution. And even if the glass does go edge to edge, the surrounding shiny black one inch border doesn't really bother me. Actually I've never really even noticed it.


- Patrick
======
Resolution is very important. I have a 5K iMac and the other production 27" iMac is the standard screen before the 5K's came out. While that screen looked great in its day I cannot imagine going back to that resolution. Everything is so clean and sharp on the 5K.
__________________
If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality. Bishop Desmond Tutu
wonderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:42 AM   #30
Honourable Citizen
 
CubaMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 17,305
Send a message via AIM to CubaMark
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
Resolution is very important. I have a 5K iMac and the other production 27" iMac is the standard screen before the 5K's came out. While that screen looked great in its day I cannot imagine going back to that resolution. Everything is so clean and sharp on the 5K.
I experienced that when my 2014 Retina MacBook Pro died, and I had to use a 2013 MacBook Air for a bit. I was surprised at how difficult it was to go back to an older screen technology...
__________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Cuban Revolution as Socialist Human Development Brill Books (Amazon Paperback)
CubaMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Mac Setup and Orientation CubaMark Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod Help & Troubleshooting 12 Jun 12th, 2009 12:20 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012, ehMac.ca All rights reserved. ehMac is not affiliated with Apple Inc. Mac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

Tribe.ca: Urban living in Toronto!