FYI, if any of you have run into issues with your Time Capsules since the latest Sierra update, specifically:
- Unable to perform a time machine backup
- Unable to access the Time Capsule through Airport Utility
There is a somewhat easy fix:
1. Open AirPort Utility
2. Under File, select "Connect to other device" (Paraphrasing, will correct when I'm at home)
3. Enter the IP address of your Time Capsule, and its password.
4. The window displayed should have an "Update" button. Click it to install the latest firmware.
Note, the issue seems to only affect devices that have "Back to My Mac" turned on, that is on the Time Capsule itself.