Nothing new... - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 21st, 2016, 03:16 PM   #1
Honourable Citizen
 
screature's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aylmer (Gatineau) across the river from Ottawa
Posts: 20,720
Nothing new...

It has become boring because there is nothing really new.

A sad state of affairs.

Apple and everything else has just become a series of iterations .

What about light technology or nanotechnology? Surely there must there must be some developments on those front.
screature is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old Mar 21st, 2016, 03:54 PM   #2
Honourable Citizen
 
wonderings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 5,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by screature View Post
It has become boring because there is nothing really new.

A sad state of affairs.

Apple and everything else has just become a series of iterations .

What about light technology or nanotechnology? Surely there must there must be some developments on those front.
Most boring Apple event I can remember. Apple is not really pushing into anything new, or changing anything they are involved with. Even the watch, while neat is not really light years ahead of anything else, and the prices of the watch bands are completely absurd. I was toying with getting an iWatch as I am wanting to get something to replace my current watch and thought I would nerd out. I don't like the bands on the cheap iWatches but though "hey, I will just buy the cheapest version and then get a band for it" well that was a bust, at least the apple bands. For a metal band that looked pretty generic and similar to all the others metal straps I have, it cost $560+ ... just the band!

Was really hoping Apple would say something about VR or AR, a lot of cool stuff being done there and it is the beginning of a whole new tech and seemingly nothing coming from Apples side. Microsoft looks more innovative these days. Their Windows phone plugging into a monitor basically makes it a desktop PC. I still enjoy Apple products, use just about all of them, but they certainly lost the WOW factor.
__________________
“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.” Bishop Desmond Tutu
wonderings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2016, 05:14 PM   #3
Honourable Citizen
 
macintosh doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Where royalty live and horses roam freely
Posts: 5,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by screature View Post
It has become boring because there is nothing really new.

A sad state of affairs.

Apple and everything else has just become a series of iterations .

What about light technology or nanotechnology? Surely there must there must be some developments on those front.
the hint would be that any new events that will showcase advancements for new products will be in the new location.. as Tim mentioned this is the last event..
but I do agree
-thunderbolt, USB-c are behind on all models
- laptops and macpro are very stale - clients who want do to 4k video are not impressed.
__________________
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019): 2.6 Ghz 6 core i7/16GBs/1TBSSD
Asus MX27U 27", Matias BackLite Wireless Full size Keyboard
Datto S3X1 1TB SSD w/offsite cloud protection for time machine, Apple MagicPad2
Government jobs / work places : it smells like wet dogs, so do some people that work there. Everyone moves like they were injured!, It's like a low budget rehab centre
vmedia sign up link Tesla - referral - free supercharging link
macintosh doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old Mar 21st, 2016, 06:28 PM   #4
Honourable Citizen
 
HowEver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: GTEh
Posts: 15,702
The smaller, up to date iPhone SE is going to sell a ton. It's the right price point and size for millions of people.

So, boring for you, but exactly what millions of people want.
__________________
For sale: black iPod Classic 160GB

Morgan Figueiredo / Fleming = Scammer He's "The G3 Man" here on ehMac.

HowEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2016, 09:15 PM   #5
Honourable Citizen
 
gwillikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Left Coast
Posts: 3,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowEver View Post
The smaller, up to date iPhone SE is going to sell a ton. It's the right price point and size for millions of people.

So, boring for you, but exactly what millions of people want.
I think the new smaller iPad Pro should do okay too.
__________________

IIci / IIsi / LC475 / Radius 81/110 / 7200/90 / UMAX S900 / UMAX S900/G3 / G4/466 / G4/867 / G4 1.25 MDD / G5 Dual 2.0 / Powerbook G4 15" 1.67 / MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 C2D / Mac Pro 5,1 (hack) / Apple TV 4 / iPhone 5S / iPad 3 / iPhone 6S
gwillikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2016, 03:27 AM   #6
Honourable Citizen
 
kloan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 4,626
Yeah, super awesome... iPhone 5s with some upgrades inside. New name, shitty price, same old Apple BS. Lucky it comes in pink now. Least they could've done is bumped the memory to 32GB. But no.... this is Apple we're talking about here. Greedy shortsighted c**ts that they are.
kloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2016, 09:34 AM   #7
Honourable Citizen
 
iMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by kloan View Post
Yeah, super awesome... iPhone 5s with some upgrades inside. New name, shitty price, same old Apple BS. Lucky it comes in pink now. Least they could've done is bumped the memory to 32GB. But no.... this is Apple we're talking about here. Greedy shortsighted c**ts that they are.
Shitty price? It's almost a 6s in a 5 form factor for about the same price as the 8 GB 5C was selling for (now that was seriously overpriced), and $190 less than the 6 still sells for.

That sounds pretty good to me and might prompt me to trade up from my trusty iPhone 5 a few months/a year earlier than planned. But I still have that oldschool tendency not to ditch a device until it croaks, so we'll see...

Prediction: this thing is going to sell like crazy.

I do agree that even offering a 16 GB model is lame, though I don't doubt that there are quite a few people who get along fine with only 16 -- those who completely buy in to cloud storage and streaming media, and those who use their device for phone calls, messaging and little else.

Edit: added "almost" because there are a couple of 6s features missing, like the second-generation touch ID sensor.
iMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2016, 11:56 AM   #8
Honourable Citizen
 
screature's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aylmer (Gatineau) across the river from Ottawa
Posts: 20,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowEver View Post
The smaller, up to date iPhone SE is going to sell a ton. It's the right price point and size for millions of people.

So, boring for you, but exactly what millions of people want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kloan View Post
Yeah, super awesome... iPhone 5s with some upgrades inside. New name, shitty price, same old Apple BS. Lucky it comes in pink now. Least they could've done is bumped the memory to 32GB. But no.... this is Apple we're talking about here. Greedy shortsighted c**ts that they are.
Just iterations, nothing really new or inventive, Google is at least pushing the boundaries. Apple is lagging behind without Steve.
screature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2016, 12:33 PM   #9
Honourable Citizen
 
bse5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by screature View Post
It has become boring because there is nothing really new.

A sad state of affairs.

Apple and everything else has just become a series of iterations .
Apple's grand vision: iOS for everyone.
__________________
iOS for everyone! It's all we really need.
bse5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2016, 01:00 PM   #10
Honourable Citizen
 
HowEver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: GTEh
Posts: 15,702
Yes. iOS on a _phone_. Good call there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bse5150 View Post
Apple's grand vision: iOS for everyone.
__________________
For sale: black iPod Classic 160GB

Morgan Figueiredo / Fleming = Scammer He's "The G3 Man" here on ehMac.

HowEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 1999 - 2012, ehMac.ca All rights reserved. ehMac is not affiliated with Apple Inc. Mac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

Tribe.ca: Urban living in Toronto!