Well, the CFO (wife) has given the green light for us (me?) to get an iPad. How about that. So, I see a 'refurb' on the Apple site for $449 (V1). Thinking I only need V1, really. I'm not a gamer, don't post tons of photos. I'll use it as an enhancement for the classroom (surfing, some apps, music listening/streaming, Pages/Keynote, etc.) So ... do I get the refurb? Do I wait for V2? The advice here has always been solid, so I'll wait for experts' advice. Thanks.
Get the iPad 2. No expert advice needed. Much better buy. I have both, and the iPad 2 is really worth it over the 1st gen especially given that the price difference isn't really that significant.
iMac 21.6" 2.5Ghz i5, 8GB, 120GB OWC SSD, 500GB HDD
Apple TV (3rd Gen)
On the bright side the price of the iPad 2 will drop when the 3 comes out.... and we will again be caught in the should I buy an iPad 3 or wait for the iPad 4....
The refurb 16GB's were just too tempting to pass up ($369 cdn) but I can see some real advantages to a 2 in terms of the dual core CPU and faster graphics. Plus I've discovered I've become hooked on network TV again and with the iPad I can use the CBC, Global and CityTV apps to watch some shows for free..... so being able to hook up an iPad 2 to our HD TV might be kind of interesting depending on how good that streamed video looks blown up to obscene levels...