iPhone hand-me-down - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Full Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 439
iPhone hand-me-down

A friend of mine got an iPhone 3G from his brother after he had upgraded to the 3Gs. Now he's back from visiting his brother and we've realized the old 3G wasn't wiped before he left so it still has all his brother's contacts and photos etc. We can just hook up to iTunes and do a restore on his PC, right? It's not jailbroken or anything and it's not going to be.

The other thing I guess is to phone Rogers and tell them to block data. Is it true they have a $10 for 10mb plan? Although that plan is highway robbery it's all he could afford if he wanted a bit of "data cushion".

Last thing: Contacts from Razr to iPhone- I've done some googling and it seems the best way to transfer these is using Motorola Phone Tools? He doesn't use Outlook WAB or anything but now maybe is the time to import that way? This is all on a PC and I understand it's easier to so this on a Mac. I have a MacBook Pro and maybe I could it as a middle ground for his contacts without messing up my contacts?

Too many question!? Insight to any or all of these would be appreciated.
iheartmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Apple Certified
 
G-Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Auckland
Posts: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmac View Post
A friend of mine got an iPhone 3G from his brother after he had upgraded to the 3Gs. Now he's back from visiting his brother and we've realized the old 3G wasn't wiped before he left so it still has all his brother's contacts and photos etc. We can just hook up to iTunes and do a restore on his PC, right? It's not jailbroken or anything and it's not going to be.
You can do it from the phone:
Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmac View Post
The other thing I guess is to phone Rogers and tell them to block data. Is it true they have a $10 for 10mb plan? Although that plan is highway robbery it's all he could afford if he wanted a bit of "data cushion".
Just have them block data... $10/10MB isn't worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmac View Post
Last thing: Contacts from Razr to iPhone- I've done some googling and it seems the best way to transfer these is using Motorola Phone Tools? He doesn't use Outlook WAB or anything but now maybe is the time to import that way? This is all on a PC and I understand it's easier to so this on a Mac. I have a MacBook Pro and maybe I could it as a middle ground for his contacts without messing up my contacts?
Easiest way, IMHO, from the Razr copy all contacts to the SIM card and then copy them from the SIM to the iPhone here:
Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Import SIM Contacts
G-Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 11:58 AM   #3
Honourable Citizen
 
HowEver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: GTEh
Posts: 15,702
The $10/10MB doesn't apply to the iPhone, which would eat 10MB by turning on.

Get a real data plan for slightly more $.
__________________
For sale: black iPod Classic 160GB

Morgan Figueiredo / Fleming = Scammer He's "The G3 Man" here on ehMac.

HowEver is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 12:04 PM   #4
Full Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 439
This is all super helpful. Thanks!
iheartmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012, ehMac.ca All rights reserved. ehMac is not affiliated with Apple Inc. Mac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

Tribe.ca: Urban living in Toronto!