Did I downgrade to Lion from ML properly?
Okay so I think I successfully went back to Lion from Mountain Lion, but I'm not sure if I did it correctly. Can someone please verify if I did it correctly:
I had a HD.sparseimage back up file from Carbon Copy Cloner with my previous Lion install and it was sitting on my external drive.
Here is what I did:
- restart the computer and held "option" key
- clicked to start it from my external drive
- disk utility popped up and in the menu I found and clicked "import image"
- imported the "HD.sparseimage" back up file
- I then clicked the "Recover" tab and dragged the "HD.sparseimage" file onto the "Source" field and dragged my "Macintosh HD" to the "Destination" field
- then clicked "revert" or "recover" (something like that)
- then the whole time it said "Copying blocks - 4 hours remaining"
Then I restarted the computer and it is now back to Lion (from Mountain Lion)...
Did I do the revert correctly? I'm not sure why it took so long!!?? (4 hours)
P.s. now that I'm back to Lion my computer is much "snappier" and everything is much quicker
Macbook Pro 15' Core i5 2.53GHZ- 8GB RAM - 500GB HD
iPhone 4 16GB