Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #1
Full Citizen

iMac 27 3.2ghz i3 for parts or repair

I was supposed to sell this over the weekend, but when I went to erase the hard drive and do a clean install, it wouldn't boot into the OSX install disc, it would load to the apple screen and then freeze. Assuming it was the hard drive, I replaced the hard drive with a brand new Seagate Barracuda, and still the problem persisted. Finally, I took the hard drive out again and installed osx onto it by placing it in an external enclosure. Still, it won't boot past the apple logo. I've done an SMC reset, a PRAM reset, and still it won't boot, even in safe mode. As a result, I've decided to cut my losses and sell it as is. I'm assuming it's a logic board issue, but I don't have the applications install disc to run a hardware test and confirm. I'm also including the magic mouse and wireless keyboard.

I'm asking $600 or best offer. If you can find a way to fix it without replacing the logic board, you're in for a steal. If not, and you do end up replacing the logic board, you could end up with a practically brand new iMac at a relatively reasonable price, depending on how much the logic board runs you.

Again, I'm open to offers, so shoot me an email or a message letting me know what you think.

Cheers,

Jacob
jacob.maclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 12th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Honourable Citizen

try reseating the ram, remove all ram and try one at a time and possibly in different locations. could be a bad stick or bad socket.
kelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Full Citizen

Tried rearranging the RAM, reseating it, and replacing it. Still no luck though, but thanks for the tip. I hadn't considered bad RAM as a possible cause. Its just too bad it wasn't that =/
jacob.maclean is offline   Reply With Quote