What a great upgrade.
- The UI has received a nice refresh
- There are now Auto Enhance and Auto White Balance buttons, as well as more options for WB.
- The Highlights & Shadows tool has been improved, and there is now a Mid Contrast slider
- Libraries are now unified - you can open your Aperture libraries in iPhoto and vice versa.
- Nice thumbnails for FB, Flickr, etc. albums
- New "Recent" section with Last Import, last looked at, etc.
- ... and more!
One nice thing about being able to open your libraries in either Aperture or iPhoto is that you can use the much faster-to-open iPhoto to view Aperture libraries, and only open images in Aperture when you do to major edits.
One odd thing is that MobileMe is still supported and littered throughout. You'd think that since they are DoA-ing it in a few weeks that this would be a version without any MobileMe stuff.
Also, everything seems to be much faster - opening libraries, scrolling, editing, closing Aperture, etc.
The Release Notes aren't up yet for some reason, but this post details the changes:
Aperture and iPhoto Libraries Now Unified in Retina Display Update
27" iMac 3.4ghz i7, 12gb | 15.4" MacBook Pro 2ghz i7, 8gb, Hi-Res Anti-Glare
iPhone 5 32gb His | iPhone 4S 16gb Hers | iPad 32gb (3rd gen)
| photo biz