Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #1
Honourable Citizen

iPad and battery maintenance

I've got an iPad 2 and never have run it down to "empty." Been searching around for what others recommend and find conflicting ideas. The first link suggests running the battery down completely until shutdown every so often and the second link warns against running down the battery any lower than 15%.

How to Calibrate Your Mac, iPhone, or iPad Battery | MacBlend
Prolong battery lifespan for iPad / iPad 2 / iPad 3: charging tips - The how to..

Is any battery maintenance necessary on Apple's devices?
csonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 8th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #2
Full Citizen

At the beginning yes I believe - condition the battery by running to zero then full charge twice is what I usually do on a new device.
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 06:38 AM   #3
New Neighbour

I will say you to go for discharge your ipad every week till 10% battery. I think its mid way to do something with no risk for longer battery life.
raju201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 08:31 AM   #4
Resident Curmudgeon

Send a message via AIM to SINC
My 14 month old iPad 2 has never been run below 25% and is plugged in to the charge cord every single night regardless of the battery level without any ill effect. I still get over eight hours with around 25% left.
SINC is online now   Reply With Quote