Steve Jobs at All Things Digital Conference’ Videos Now Available for Free in iTunes - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Seriously?

Steve Jobs at All Things Digital Conference’ Videos Now Available for Free in iTunes

iTunes - Podcasts - Steve Jobs at the D: All Things Digital Conference (Video) by D: All Things Digital

AllThingsD has just uploaded all the videos and audio of Steve Jobs appearances at D from 2003-2010 in iTunes, available for free.

I have been playing them while I work today and some parts are real funny. Cool to watch. the one bad part is when Kara Swisher came on in D3 in 2005. She is very annoying and useless.
Joker Eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Honourable Citizen

Steve had style, quick wit, and you could tell he knew what he was talking about when he responded to questions, at least from within his reality distortion field frame of reference. Tim Cook gives a more measured response, but his intelligence to me is also quite obvious, especially when compared with interviews of, say, Steve Ballmer or even Mark Zuckerberg. Walt makes it easier to tell the pretenders from the real deal.

His: Intel iMac 20" 2.16 / Macbook 2.1 GHz / 8GB iPod Nano / 2GB iPod Nano / iPod Touch / iPhone 3GS / iPhone 4S
Hers: Macbook 2.1 GHz / 4GB iPod Nano / iPhone 4
Kid 1: 4GB iPod Nano / iPad 16WiFi
Kid 2: 4GB iPod Nano/ iPad 16WiFi
Family: iPod Touch / Apple Extreme Router 802.11n / Two Apple Express's w/Airtunes /Two Apple TV's 40GB / Apple TV 2
fjnmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 04:29 PM   #3
Seriously?

It is cool to look back when he introduced Tiger and Spotlight. And Walt talking to Steve about the idea of Preview. Which I don't know if that is where it came from. Lots of real cool bits.
Old May 31st, 2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Honourable Citizen

"We look at the tablet and we think it's going to fail." – Steve Jobs, 2003

This said after Bill Gates's enthusiastic tablet-with-stylus demonstration at the All Things Digital Conference (9:32 in). Priceless!

His: Intel iMac 20" 2.16 / Macbook 2.1 GHz / 8GB iPod Nano / 2GB iPod Nano / iPod Touch / iPhone 3GS / iPhone 4S
Family: iPod Touch / Apple Extreme Router 802.11n / Two Apple Express's w/Airtunes /Two Apple TV's 40GB / Apple TV 2
Old May 31st, 2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Seriously?

lol, another was when Steve asked the audience who had an iPod and then Walt asked Bill who was sitting in the audience if he has one. lmao made me laugh.
Old May 31st, 2012, 05:30 PM   #6
Honourable Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker Eh View Post
lol, another was when Steve asked the audience who had an iPod and then Walt asked Bill who was sitting in the audience if he has one. lmao made me laugh.
Yeah, I understand Bill's kids at home weren't allowed to have iPods either. Sucks when you're the offspring of one of the richest men in the world, and you're stuck with a Zune.

Old May 31st, 2012, 06:39 PM   #7
Seriously?

Watching the 2010 video is hard to watch.
Old May 31st, 2012, 11:31 PM   #8
Honourable Citizen

Send a message via AIM to dona83
2005 @ about 22:45 in lol. "My Mac is acting up."

Are you backed up??? If so, why? Psyllium Fibre is not free but will do wonders!
dona83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 08:17 AM   #9
Seriously?

i forget which one but he was showing podcasts and the podcast from some radio show used the term mother f$$$$$, totally unexpected, lol
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 07:52 PM   #10
Honourable Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjnmusic View Post
"We look at the tablet and we think it's going to fail." – Steve Jobs, 2003

This said after Bill Gates's enthusiastic tablet-with-stylus demonstration at the All Things Digital Conference (9:32 in). Priceless!
Man, I loved Steve for all he was able to pull off, but man he was indeed master of the RFD generator! I long ago noticed that he regularly criticized the very nature of competitors' ideas (like the tablet)...until Apple came out with THEIR take on idea (this was four years before the iPhone and iPod Touch were released). He's done it soooo many times, it's hilarious. That's why I only believe about half -- if that -- of what he ever said in interviews.

The 2003 All Things D interview fjnmusic referenced is in three parts on Youtube. Thankfully, his talk about tablets and phones is in part one:
Steve Jobs in 2003 - AllThingsDigital (Part 1/3) - YouTube
32GB iPad 1 WiFi. 2011 Mac Mini Server (used as a workstation) 2GHz quad-core i7/8GB/1TB, 24" BenQ LCD, 17" NEC LCD, Magic Trackpad. MacBook 2.4GHz Core2 Duo/2GB/200GB/DL-DVDRW. Apple TV 2, 32" flat panel TV, Logitech DiNovo Edge BT keyboard & trackpad. >5TB of FW drives, 16GB iPhone 4S. In memoriam: my Sawtooth "Frankenmac" with upgraded dual 1.3GHz G4/2GB/360GB striped RAID/DVDRW/ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
Macaholic is offline   Reply With Quote